Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have bit my tongue for more than twenty years when my husband's grandmother says sh** to me. UPDATE

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 68 Replies
4 moms liked this

I don't know if I can do it tomorrow. She thinks dh is perfect at all times and if anything goes wrong, it must be me. Here are few typical, family gathering, grandmaisms.

"You look like you have put on more weight. Don't you think that is unfair to ***. Don't you think he deserves better than how you look?"

What I WANT to say, "I weigh twenty pounds more now than I did when I married him and I was FAT then. If he didn't want a fat wife, he shouldn't have been a dumb ass and married one!"

One of my children will say, "look what mommy bought me" and she will say "Mommy doesn't buy you anything. Daddy buys it all. She doesn't have a real job."  Mind you, I home school my children and do EVERYTHING having to do with the house, bills, and kids. DH is the one that wanted me to be home with the kids and she acts like I am friggin sponging off of my own husband! Forget what I want to say, just throw something at her at this point.

Then she will tell my oldest while I am not in the room that he needs to cut his hair because he looks like a girl. He likes his hair and it makes him feel like crap. The kicker? DH wears his hair in a ponytail!

Okay, I am done for now. I needed to get that off my chest. If you hear about a crotchety old lady being assaulted with a loaf of pumpkin bread on the news tomorrow, consider that I could be in need of some bail.

Update,

She was perfect...........it was amazing. lol I was pretty ready to finally say something and didn't have to.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovemymichael
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Ugh that sucks! My husbands grandmother is like that about me. I have just learned to steer clear of her as best I can!

jkleinman
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:12 PM
Does she do this in front of your dh? If so has he ever said any thing to her about this? I would tell the woman to can it, in a polite way of course.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:13 PM
7 moms liked this
She'll be dead soon, dont worry.
kenleespice
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:13 PM

ignore her.she is to old to ever change

sadiebug1228
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:13 PM
Omg my own grandmother asked if I gained weight haha I wish my dfs grandmother would've done it so I could tell her off :( I can't do that to my own lol

U should say something! I would!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Tell her off, I would, you want me to go with you?

Momof2almost
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:16 PM
That would irritate the crap out of me! I know for a fact that I wouldn't be able to keep my mouth shut. I would be in trouble with DH because I would tell her off! I guess she doesn't realize that a SAHM IS A FULL TIME JOB! No you don't get paid and you don't get "vacation" time but you still work. The "mooching off your own husband" thing would push me over the edge. If you and your hubby agreed that you wanted to stay home and raise your kids then yes, you have to use the money that he brings into the family to pay the bills otherwise you will all be on the streets. Ugh, let me stop because that just makes me so mad! I have some people who think that since i'm a SAHM that I just sit around and watch tv shows and get on facebook. :-) Okay, my vent is over......for now.
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:17 PM
Wow! I love my husbands grandparents! His grandma does give me crap for my tiny feet but its all in fun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FullMoonFever
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh,we'll ALL be crotchety old ladies some day! We may not think so,but we will.We will because we know we'll be able to get away with it.Bless old people's souls!

Just ignore her if you can.If you can't,then just avoid her if possible.Now,if it were my MIL talking that shit,I'd rip the lips off her mouth!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:27 PM
4 moms liked this

She doesn't say it in front of DH because she knows it would piss him off. She used to constantly give my son a hard time about not eating enough. She did the old, "there are starving children in China" crap.  One day she said it and I took his plate, which she always overfills, and dumped it in the trash and looked at her and said, "and him eating until he pukes won't make them any less hungry." She didn't speak to me for days. lol..........It was nice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)