Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Long distance relationship moms...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
If your husband/SO told you he went to a dinner party on Saturday night but it was in fact a huge party would you be pissed off?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:13 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:22 AM

That it was a huge party no, that he felt the need to skew what he said. That's an issue. Why did he lie, is it because he is shady, or because he fears problems and arguements over nothing. 

mmtosam06
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:53 AM

nope because he did say he was at a dinner party. Dinner parties sometimes tend to be huge no need to be pissed. Only way to be pissed is if it was like a "sex" type party can't think of the name but you get the drift.

AnastasiaKorsh
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:56 AM

I don't know. Family dinners and huge parties kind of blend of his side of the family.

If it had nothng to do with a dinner, and he lied out right, yes.

bbyB10
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:56 AM

I DID !! But, he was only 10 minutes away, lol and It was NOT what I had thought ;)

CABZS
by Emerald Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:26 AM

I don't know what you consider huge or a party.  We have dinner parties & they can get pretty big & we have lots of fun!

If this was w/co workers; I really don't see the big deal.  Is he suppose to sit home & do nothing?

I don't understand trying to parent another adult.  If you cant trust or don't like the way they act leave before one gets in to deep.  It isn't worth trying to change people.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think he didn't tell me because he knows I don't want him partying but wouldn't it have been better for him to just be honest?

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

That doesn't bode well.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's what worries me. He was cunning. It sure as shit wasn't just a dinner and what makes it worse is that we have just reconciled.

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

I would be concerned about the deception aspect of that.

Jessica_Esqueda
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Obviously. 

Glitchtastic
by Glitter Trauma on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:29 AM

The lying about it worries me. My SO and I talk about how our relationship is built on a foundation of trust while we're long distance. Without trust we'd have nothing.

Join me over at Long Distance Love.  The support group for Mamas in long distance relationships. 

KRIZZ25
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:09 PM
no..
happygirls
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 3:18 PM

This.

And I'd have to wonder why he didn't just simply tell me what kind of party it was. Was there something else to hide?

Quoting imuney:

Yeah that would bother me...half a truth is a whole lie.

Liyoness
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Yeah, for the simple fact that he played it down. How did "dinner party" (what is a dinner party, exactly? Going out to dinner with the boys?) get turned into a "huge party"? Why was he at a "huge party"? What is "huge"?

My DH goes out with the boys every once in a while, it's not a big deal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN