Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Long distance relationship moms...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
If your husband/SO told you he went to a dinner party on Saturday night but it was in fact a huge party would you be pissed off?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:13 PM
Replies (21-28):
Liyoness
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Only you know if it would have been better for him to just be honest. Would it have been?

If he's partying and you don't want him partying then it sounds like you guys have problems regardless of what he did. Priorities. Is he away working for the family, or so he can live the single life?

Quoting Anonymous:

I think he didn't tell me because he knows I don't want him partying but wouldn't it have been better for him to just be honest?

GirlWSemiAuto
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:05 PM
I don't think expecting honesty is parenting another adult.

Quoting CABZS:

I don't know what you consider huge or a party.  We have dinner parties & they can get pretty big & we have lots of fun!

If this was w/co workers; I really don't see the big deal.  Is he suppose to sit home & do nothing?

I don't understand trying to parent another adult.  If you cant trust or don't like the way they act leave before one gets in to deep.  It isn't worth trying to change people.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think he didn't tell me because he knows I don't want him partying but wouldn't it have been better for him to just be honest?

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

That doesn't bode well.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's what worries me. He was cunning. It sure as shit wasn't just a dinner and what makes it worse is that we have just reconciled.

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

I would be concerned about the deception aspect of that.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:11 PM
Yes
CABZS
by Emerald Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:12 PM

I am failing to see where he lied.

Did he know how big it was going to be?  Did they have dinner, therefore, making it a dinner party?  What is a "party" for the OP?

Like I said, we have dinner parties, and many may consider them "parties" but I wouldn't.

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

Quoting CABZS:

I don't know what you consider huge or a party.  We have dinner parties & they can get pretty big & we have lots of fun!

If this was w/co workers; I really don't see the big deal.  Is he suppose to sit home & do nothing?

I don't understand trying to parent another adult.  If you cant trust or don't like the way they act leave before one gets in to deep.  It isn't worth trying to change people.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

That doesn't bode well.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's what worries me. He was cunning. It sure as shit wasn't just a dinner and what makes it worse is that we have just reconciled.

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

GirlWSemiAuto
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 8:59 AM

You must throw dinner parties very differently than I'm used to. But that explains our differing opinions. We have very different sets of experiences.

Quoting CABZS:

Did he know how big it was going to be?  Did they have dinner, therefore, making it a dinner party?  What is a "party" for the OP?

Like I said, we have dinner parties, and many may consider them "parties" but I wouldn't.

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

Quoting CABZS:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

That doesn't bode well.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

CABZS
by Emerald Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:24 PM
What do you consider a dinner party? Eat and go home?

We have dinner and music and bon fires, Cornhole, horseshoes, drinks.

Could be your boyfriend feels the same as I do. However, I also don't see the point in telling my DH what to do. If he wants to go party once in awhile with friends/co workers I don't see the problem.

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

You must throw dinner parties very differently than I'm used to. But that explains our differing opinions. We have very different sets of experiences.

Quoting CABZS:

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

Quoting CABZS:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

That doesn't bode well.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWSemiAuto
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Dinner, perhaps cocktails or coffee/dessert after. Small group of people. Pretty intimate. That's a traditional dinner party.

I'm not OP and I can't speak for her. I would have no problem with my husband going to a party. My only issue with it would be if he misrepresented what the party entailed.

Quoting CABZS:

Could be your boyfriend feels the same as I do. However, I also don't see the point in telling my DH what to do. If he wants to go party once in awhile with friends/co workers I don't see the problem.

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

Quoting CABZS:

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

Quoting CABZS:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

That doesn't bode well.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

CABZS
by Emerald Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:08 PM

I guess tradtional for some.  Dinner party always has a bon fire for us.

But if he was told dinner party then that would be what he told her.  And again, dinner parties are apparently different for everyone so what is his interpretation of a dinner party, ya know?

So I can't be sure he "lied" about it. However, at the same time did he feel he "had" to?  I'm not saying lying is right but when rules are put in place many will "lie" to avoid an arguement.  So did he feel he had to in order to avoid an arguement w/OP?

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

Dinner, perhaps cocktails or coffee/dessert after. Small group of people. Pretty intimate. That's a traditional dinner party.

I'm not OP and I can't speak for her. I would have no problem with my husband going to a party. My only issue with it would be if he misrepresented what the party entailed.

Quoting CABZS:

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

Quoting CABZS:

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

Quoting CABZS:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

That doesn't bode well.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)