Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help... :'(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
I'm posting here cause this is my most active group. So today I discover my 10 and 4 yr old have friggin lice.. One damn day before Thankgiving.. I wanna seriously crawl in a corner and bawl my eyes out, I have tons of ppl coming over and I discover this sh**.. Anyway I got a script from the Dr for my 10 yr old since she's got them the worst and I got a reg OTC shampoo for my 4 yr old..Are there any natural effective ways to get rid of these things? I haven't had to deal with this in quite some time and I'm really wanting a safer effective way to deal w/ this. Anyone?!?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:01 PM
Get a Robi comb and a metal comb and use them both daily.
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:02 PM

First thing is I would find another place to have dinner. you can still cook it simply relocate. you will never get rid of them by tomorrow. I have no advice on how to get rid of them :/ sorry.

sadmomof3girls
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:02 PM

My kids had them for the first time last year. There is just no easy way, it took forever and then they came back.  Their dad was living with a woman who ran a daycare in their home...and they didn't clean like they were supposed to, so every time they came back from his house the whole process had  to start all over. I feel for you!! Good luck!

Sarafinn2012
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:03 PM

real mayonnaise. pile it on, rub it in, cover with a bag, leave for 2 or 3 hours, rinse. Then use the nit comb to comb through. If you see anything still, repeat.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:04 PM
I've combed and treated there hair tonight and I'm going to look at them tomorrow morning and comb again.. They are just impatient and squirm so much.

Quoting Anonymous:

stephiebugg
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:05 PM

I know you can buy a lice-repelling shampoo. I haven't tried it on my kids, my oldest is in kindergarten and hasn't gotten them yet.
I looked online for natural remedies and it says there is none that kills the nit itself, so you really have to use the chemically shampoo stuff and the little lice comb. It says to also have to be sure to wash all bedding etc to prevent further spread and recurrance.
Good luck! Don't cry, it's not the end of the world! You're probably just stressed with the holiday. It'll be okay.  :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:06 PM
I've heard of a vinegar and olive oil treatment.. Is anyone familiar with that?
prenatalRN
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:06 PM

You need to tell people  before they come over, they have a right to know. Also you may want to move it somewhere else 

stephiebugg
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Oh, I mentioned the repelling shampoo as an option for your kiddos after you have cleared this up. It obviously won't get rid of them now, it'll supposedly keep them from getting lice again. You can find it at most hair salons.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:07 PM
The Robi comb is electric and it zaps live bugs. The plastic combs that come with the shampoo are worthless. Get a good metal comb.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've combed and treated there hair tonight and I'm going to look at them tomorrow morning and comb again.. They are just impatient and squirm so much.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)