Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Moms of all boys? Looking for reassurance.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 105 Replies
Anyone out there who is a mom to all boys?
Is it wonderful? Hard? Do you ever get sad about not having girls?

I just found out today that I am having another boy (I have one, and this will be our last child). I am thrilled that he is healthy, and I love my DS more than I ever thought I could love another human being. I am sure I will feel the same way about this new little guy.

But tonight I feel really sad about the fact that I will never have a girl. Is this normal? Will it fade with time? I honestly didn't expect to feel sad, but I can't stop crying.

I can't talk to DH about this; he doesn't understand at all.

So I guess I am just looking for reassurance that I am not awful for being sad :(

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
clearlyme
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:51 PM
I would be sad if I had another boy. I know I would love him no matter what, but I think I would mourn a bit. I think its normal and it will fade. I have 3 friends with all boys and they say they couldn't even imagine having to deal with a girl at this point Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kristiansmommy1
by Amanda on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:52 PM
I have a boy and I'm not sure I'm having more kids, I get sad thinking he might never have a lil sister to protect but it just comes and goes, If I do have more and they're boys I'm sure I'll get sad but I'll feel blessed that atleast I got to have kids period. It's normal tho and I'm sure it'll fade. Good luck and congrats on the baby :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks for the reply. I feel guilty for being sad, and am hoping I can get over it soon.

I used that exact word, "mourning," when trying to explain this to my husband, and he didn't get it. I'm glad someone does :(

Quoting clearlyme:

I would be sad if I had another boy. I know I would love him no matter what, but I think I would mourn a bit. I think its normal and it will fade. I have 3 friends with all boys and they say they couldn't even imagine having to deal with a girl at this point Lol

T06T08T10
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:57 PM
I have four boys and it is really hard sometimes cause they are really close in age so they either get along really well or bicker and fight nonstop. Yes I am sad that I don't have a girl and think about trying again for a girl but I'm just not sure. I hear they will be a lot easier when they become teens!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:59 PM
I'm a stepmom to a boy, and neither myself nor his mother are having more kids. It's difficult for both of us but as kristiansmommy said, it's a blessing for me and his mom to have him in our lives.
TrouserMouse
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:59 PM

I am pregnant with my 5th boy. I tried for a girl...again.  The desire for a daughter will never go away.  I have accepted that.  I had gender disappointment with my 3rd and 4th sons at their ultrasounds. I cried for a couple of minutes and then I got over it.  I had about a 2 second gender disappointment this time.  I don't know why it was easier this time, but it was. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:00 AM
When I got pregnant the first time, I admit I was disappointed that he was a boy. With my 2nd, I had amoment of disappointment, but was still happy. 3rd, I didn't bat an eyelash. I was certain my last would be a boy too and I was soo completely good with that.Turns out she was a girl, but now after only knowing what a boy is like for 9 years, I'm a little lost at what to do with her! I know it's not at all the same as how you feel, but it's ok to be sad. At this point, dd is going to be a tomboy because boys are all I know!
momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:00 AM
I have 2 boys and in all honesty, I've never really wanted a girl. I'm more of a boys mommy, even when I was little I didn't have Barbies or dolls, I played with my brother's toy cars, lol. Can't stand princesses, fairies, mermaids and all that corny stuff! :)
So I'm happy. If I ever get pregnant again and it's a girl, cool. But I'm not desperate for one. I'm happy with my 2 boys.
Besides, being the only girl means I sometimes get spoiled!

Sharon
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:02 AM

It's completely normal. The pain will fade. Good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:02 AM

I have one girl and two boys and I am glad I had only one daughter, she's a handful, more trouble than the boys put together, i mean grant it she's almost 5 years old (the oldest child), but....she is a stubborn one!  DRAMA!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)