Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

im watching afv and there was a segment about

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:05 AM
  • 19 Replies
How you announced your pregnancy. How did YOU??

I was living about 3 hours away from my mom and I texted her while I was at the doctors office. I was like" sooo... ummm... how do you feel about being a grandma?"

She sent back "no shit! For real??" It wasn't long after my hubby and I got married when we found out. And now our beautiful baby girl will be a year old in 9 days!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MorganTho
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:07 AM
We just told them... my family made me feel like crap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:08 AM
I wrote my mom a letter and taped it to her front door, LOL! I was so scared to tell her, and I don't know why!
MommyLehr
by Veronica on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:08 AM
With my oldest, my friend told my mom. Even though I told her I wanted to wait until after I went to the dr. I was 18. With my second I just called and told them.
mayasmama11
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:08 AM
I am so sorry!! Children are a blessing no matter if they are planned or not!! I'm sorry that they put ya'll through that!! Did they eventually come around?

Quoting MorganTho:

We just told them... my family made me feel like crap.

fairyjester
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:09 AM

I asked my mom how would she like a grandchild much closer (my brother and sil who lived in virginia were already pregnant)

mayasmama11
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:10 AM
We called and told just about everyone we could think of. Lol only his family were disappointed. (They didn't and some still don't) like me much.

Quoting MommyLehr:

With my oldest, my friend told my mom. Even though I told her I wanted to wait until after I went to the dr. I was 18. With my second I just called and told them.

kryptomom
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:10 AM

I don't even remember.  Nothing special. My kids were grandkids number 6, 10, and 16 out of 16 grandkids. 

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:11 AM

For Lizzie, I just told them. For Kenzie I had the pregnancy test put in a gift bag. My little sister kept telling me that she wanted a niece or nephew for her graduation. So after her party when she opened her gifts in front of the family, she got the test from us.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:11 AM

I saw that show tonight, too! They were singing "Happy Birthday, deeeear Grandpa!" and that man's eyes nearly popped out of his head! It was so awesome!

MommyLehr
by Veronica on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:12 AM
Lol dh's dad just said you better get married quickly then. Haha they are very traditional Christians. They weren't happy when they found out I was pregnant with my first... But they quickly got over it lol

Quoting mayasmama11:

We called and told just about everyone we could think of. Lol only his family were disappointed. (They didn't and some still don't) like me much.

Quoting MommyLehr:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)