Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My super insensitive question. WARNING may offend.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: If a woman has an abortion can she call the baby an "angel baby"?

Options:

Yes

No

I have unkind words for you and I will place them in the comment section.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 812

View Results

If a woman has an abortion can she call the baby an "angel baby"?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:13 AM
Replies (31-40):
So_Devious20
by Misha Lovegood<3 on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:32 AM
She can call it whatever she chooses. Doesn't mean that we don't get to think what we want about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sekirei
by Nari on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I am going to say it depends on the reason for abortion..

if the child was very much wanted.. but, for medical reasons, had to be aborted.. then yes..

reasons of stupidity.. no

However, this is my own opinion...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:34 AM
If she aborted because she didnt want it then that would make her a pretty damn sadistic and sick individual to look at it as her baby and go ahead and kill it anyway, just because she doesnt want it. That isnt an angel baby to her. That was an unwanted pregnancy and it would be like a slap in the face to those who lost their baby.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:34 AM

No, you wouldn't murder an angel!!

GirlWithANikon
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:34 AM
No, a fetus was terminated not a baby murdered
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CheesyKitty
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Exactly how I feel. Maybe years later, if she is remorseful, she can think of the baby that way however it would be disrespectful for her to say it to a grieving mother.

Quoting singlemama0905:

If you call that baby an angel baby....you'd be seeing that baby as a BABY...which means you killed the baby...which then makes you a murderer.

I can't really say yes or no - because PERSONALLY, I do feel like they are still "angel babies" they were stil created and stll died.  I believe abortion is murder and in order to call that child an "angel baby" you would have to believe the same...

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Devious333
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:35 AM
Uh no. It's not a baby to those who abort.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:37 AM

I would say NO if they had no regard for the fetus and just wanted to be done with the pregnancy.  

If they had an abortion to save their life or because the baby had no chance at survival, was diagnosed with some dire incurable ailment or lacked physical development that was incompatible with life, then absolutely the mother has every right to mourn the loss of her baby and refer to it as her 'angel baby' if she so chooses.

Lizardannie1966
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:37 AM

But wouldn't just referring to the fetus as a "baby" somehow dispute what many Pro Choice supporters feel--that it's NOT a baby until it breathes on its own?

As far as I feel about your question, I didn't answer the poll. I am Pro Choice yet I am not militant and I know that many women who abort have a very difficult time afterward, emotionally and mentally.

I lost a baby at 18 1/2 weeks gestation. Medical science tells me that we lost a fetus and I guess in truth, we did.

To us, it was a "baby" we were already beginning to pick names for.

I will not tell a woman who aborted that she can't refer to the fetus as her "baby" and because I don't know her reasons for abortion to begin with. It's none of my business.

Redwoods_Mama
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:37 AM

88% no.

Wow.  WTF.  Heartless much?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN