Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My super insensitive question. WARNING may offend.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: If a woman has an abortion can she call the baby an "angel baby"?

Options:

Yes

No

I have unkind words for you and I will place them in the comment section.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 812

View Results

If a woman has an abortion can she call the baby an "angel baby"?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:13 AM
Replies (41-50):
mnmomusa
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:38 AM

uh no... people who ooppose abortions always say it's not really a baby, but a clump of cells.  But to now, basically kill it and suddenly call it a baby.   Can you say hypocrit?

do11face
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:39 AM
She can call it whatever she likes. Not my call.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cbreland07
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:39 AM
She obviously had no respect for the life and although the baby has gone to heaven I think she would be a hypocrite for having the nerve to call it her angel baby..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sandygirl8669
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:41 AM
The baby is still an angel. :'(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:44 AM
She wasn't killing a "baby" when she aborted a "fetus". (Talking in most pro-choicers logic) So why would a soulless clump of cells become an angel baby?

A mother who miscarried her baby needs that comfort, a woman who chose to abort needs to live with a decision.

Quoting Redwoods_Mama:

88% no.

Wow.  WTF.  Heartless much?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:45 AM

I mean, she can call it whatever she damn well pleases, but I wouldn't consider an abortion to be the same as a miscarriage.  

I will add that caveat, if a mother had an abortion for a medical reason either on her side or the babies - I wouldn't contest that. 

Keely78
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:47 AM
Quoting Kaybean:

Not unless it was aborted due to serious medical reasons. If it was aborted because it wasn't wanted, then it's offensive to call it an angel baby. You didn't want it, so why call it something like that?

This ^
CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Well in reality, yes. She can call it whatever she wants. Most people would think she shouldn't, I'm sure, and I can see how it could be considered insulting to someone who lost a baby they very much wanted, but she can call it whatever she wants to. 

Farmlady09
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Unless there is a medical reason, calling any child that you abort an 'angel' baby pretty much defines hypocrisy, and an insult to any mother who lost a child she wanted and loved even before it was born.

My opinion doesn't/won't stop anyone from saying whatever they want ~ but that leaves the door open for others to respond. Having lost four babies before I had my boys, I don't think I'd have it in me to respond in a civil manner, let alone a kind manner to such a statement.

AF2011
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:54 AM
No. Not at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN