Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Diva Cup....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Okay so I have the diva cup and here is my experience thus far:

Pros:

1.Saves money on tampons/pads in the long run.

2. No chemical stuff.

CONS:

1. I suck at putting it in. You are supposed to do this bend then twist thing and it is really hard for me to do. The damn thing takes forever to open up.

2. You have to get very up close and personal with your anatomy. This can result in a messy hand.

3. I teach and have to use a public restroom at school during my workday. Still haven't figured out a workable approach to washing the thing at work. I mean, what if one of my students walked in while I was washing my Diva cup in the sink.

Anyone have any super valuable insight about my cons list?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 1:24 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 22, 2012 at 1:49 AM

I have been curious about the cups.  I am worried that it would get stuck and I would not be able to get it out if I could even get it in right.  

ncbirdie
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 1:49 AM

I got a Meluna.  Same concept.  I know that Diva says not to insert it like a tampon, but Meluna says the opposite.  I need to get it up past my pubic bone to actually get it to pop open like it's supposed to.  Took me about 3 days of my 4 day period to really get the hang of it.

Except on my first day, I don't really have a problem with messy hands.  Just a little bit on a couple fingers.  Since it all goes into the cup, the walls of the vagina a pretty dry.  Only thing that's there is what drips while you're emptying the cup.  In fact, I used to get more on my fingers just trying to wipe when I was using a pad.

Unless you have a very heavy period, you should be able to keep it in throughout the whole school day.  If you have to dump it, just reinsert it or wipe it out with some toilet paper.  No need to take it to the sink.

NewMama28
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 1:49 AM
I have never heard of these! I'm so interested!

Quoting PeaceLoveM:

I love Soft Cups. :) They are so comfy compared to tampons!

Quoting EAzizM:

You are just washing them and not boiling them? Seems unsanitary. I use the instead soft cups. The arent reusable but i love them. :)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ncbirdie
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 1:50 AM

During your period there is no need to wash.  When you're finished and you're putting it up for the month you can boil it (my brand's instructions say to).  You're also supposed to boil it before the first time you use it.

Quoting EAzizM:

You are just washing them and not boiling them? Seems unsanitary. I use the instead soft cups. The arent reusable but i love them. :)

K-Chan
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 1:51 AM
I tried the instead cups and couldn't get the hang of it.

Quoting PeaceLoveM:

You should try SoftCups. I find them just as comfortable and less tricky.

Quoting Meghan6391:

I am so trying these when i get a normal period back im allergic to pads and tampons hurt me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 22, 2012 at 1:51 AM
This is why I haven't used them too lol. I'll stick with tampons. But I read that your using a pad with it. Are you always supposed to use a pad with it? Tampons I don't use pads. Which is the main reason that I use tampons. I hate pads.

Quoting raye-chan:

I've been curious about trying these. Don't know if I could handle putting it in, which is why I haven't gotten one yet lol

Bitchess
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 1:52 AM
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 22, 2012 at 1:53 AM

I use a thin pad when I am at work because I wear Khakis and I am terrified of a mishap. But as you have read I suck at putting it in....

My friend who uses it is a champ and has never ever had a leak so the Diva Cup is all she uses.

Quoting Anonymous:

This is why I haven't used them too lol. I'll stick with tampons. But I read that your using a pad with it. Are you always supposed to use a pad with it? Tampons I don't use pads. Which is the main reason that I use tampons. I hate pads.

Quoting raye-chan:

I've been curious about trying these. Don't know if I could handle putting it in, which is why I haven't gotten one yet lol

K-Chan
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 1:53 AM
They still sell them.

Quoting RLT2:

Bump, Idk , I used to use Insteads-haven't seen those around for awhile

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raye-chan
by Raye on Nov. 22, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Same! lol I don't really like tampons but... Ew. I guess the Diva cup would take some time to getting used to 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting raye-chan:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)