Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm spending Thanksgiving alone because..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 157 Replies
1 mom liked this

I think I'm actually going to leave DF for good. 

Long story short , My mother died last thanksgiving. It was sudden, she was young & I was 9 months pregnant. I haven't been taking it very well. Fast forward to this morning.. I went to sleep really late because i was prepping for Thanksgiving last night. DF woke up early, asks me what time I went to bed, then went downstairs. Very soon after DD1 (Age 11m) woke up. (Btw, the cribs are in my room for reasons that I'd rather not go into right now) DF comes in, picks her up and realizes she  has a poopy diaper and that's why she is crying. He doesn't like to do poopy diapers so he sticks my screaming baby in bed with me knowing that she's going to wake me up and I'll change her. Dick move, right? She woke not only me, but my DD2 (2yo) up also. I'm going on 4 hours of sleep and now have two screaming kids to deal with because he couldn't suck it up and change her diaper.. I was overtired and furious. We got into a fight and he walked out the door.  He left around 9am.

Throughout the day I never heard from him. At first I was just pissy because he had our only car and he knew I needed to run to the store for a few last minute things. By 5pm though, I started to worry. It wasn't like him to leave and not at least contact me. I ended up putting two and two together and figured out that he was at his ex wife's house. She's about 15 mins away from us, they have two children together. At this point I was furious. He finally showed up around 8pm. Before he could get to the door, I told him that I didn't care where he's been all day but to go back. He said okay and hopped back into the car. A few minutes later he was knocking at my door saying "Last chance.. do you want to be alone on Thanksgiving??" I opened the door, held back my toddler who was eagerly trying to get to her Daddy (he didn't even notice) and told him no. I lied and said my sister was picking the girls and I up in the am.  I sighed and closed the door. He left. I haven't heard from him since. 

Now I know some of you may think I'm over-reacting but put yourself in my shoes.. This man who loves me so much, wants to marry me, has seen me go through hell all year and knew how depressed I've been all week because of Thanksgiving, left me and escaped to his ex-wife's house for almost 12 hours and didn't even have the decency to call me. The funny part of this whole story is that I would have went to my sister's but I already declined because DF doesn't get along with her. 

I'm feeling 100 motions at once. This isn't the first time DF has let me down, but by far the worst. I'm happy that tomorrow will bring me so much to do that I won't have much time to think about all this but tonight I am lost. I hate him for figuring out the one possible way he could make tomorrow worse for me. Before anyone starts hating on me for not putting my children first in this, I have. This isn't the first time he missed a holiday with them. Last Christmas he spent Christmas Eve at her house and didn't come home until almost noon. Also, his kids come here to visit often. He knows me. He could have gone up there and used his ex's phone to call me. He could have brought his kids down there. Say what you want, no man has any right spending alone time with his ex wife for that amount of time after he's started another with someone else. I'm tired of my kids being put on the backburnerl 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:21 AM
3 moms liked this
Wtf! He is suppose to be with you not his ex..He sounds like a selfish dumbass..I'm so sorry you have to go through all of this :-( I would definetly leave if He can't man up anymore then that and take care of his family.
Miss_Sheila
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:30 AM
is he cheating?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:35 AM
4 moms liked this

Walk away with the word freedom on your smiling lips. Well that's one option at least. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:35 AM
4 moms liked this
He doesn't give a fuck about you is what it sounds like
4noodles4me
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:36 AM
2 moms liked this
Good for you. Tomorrow stick his shit outside with a note taped to the ass part of that Turkey that reads "Take your shit and your ass down the road"
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Leave his ass for good. He keeps going back to the ex and you let him?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:43 AM
9 moms liked this
I'm going to branch out and give you my honest opinion.
Sounds like a douche move on his part, BUT... You are emotional (totally understandably) you were furious first thing in the morning on a tumultuous day.. Sounds like the guy retreated, obviously.
Not that your being emotional is an excuse, but you should remember that your feelings are not balanced on today of all days.
I would wait before making a decision as rash as leaving the father of your children.
I'm sorry about your current problems and I'm sorry you lost your mother. I will think happy thoughts for you tomorrow!
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:48 AM

Um, don't marry that guy.

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Sorry about your mom.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 22, 2012 at 2:51 AM
My thoughts exactly! & then he accuses me of hating his kids when I say stuff like that!

Quoting Anonymous:

Wtf! He is suppose to be with you not his ex..He sounds like a selfish dumbass..I'm so sorry you have to go through all of this :-( I would definetly leave if He can't man up anymore then that and take care of his family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN