Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Trying to avoid the ER!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

I know we are all from different areas and I am sure they do different things...'

But are the "Doctors Care"  urgent care places open on Thanksgiving in your area?

My son has an ear infection I KNOW!  He's 9....had a million since he was born.

Wish they would just give me privlages of calling him something in...I know he's got an ear infection before he's even sick these days....b/c I am so use to it.

So do you think that anything like that would be open...I DONT want to spend all day in the ER...trying to find a quicker route out.....

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 5:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
weirdkids
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 5:48 AM
1 mom liked this

well if you want to try to hold out an extra day, one thing that always worked for me (and i get them bad and usually both ears together) is hot damp compresses on the ear and motrin. eases the pain and brings the inflamation down.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 22, 2012 at 5:50 AM

Oh yes...the heating pad!!!!  Lifesaver!  

I have heard that doing that can increase the bacteria...but when they are in so much pain...you do whatever to give them some relief.

I just hate to make him wait...I know he's hurting...but I may have too...depending on how crazy it is out there in medicine world today! lol

Quoting weirdkids:

well if you want to try to hold out an extra day, one thing that always worked for me (and i get them bad and usually both ears together) is hot damp compresses on the ear and motrin. eases the pain and brings the inflamation down.

BeAmour
by Tonya on Nov. 22, 2012 at 5:50 AM
1 mom liked this

If they aren't open, put some sweet oil (found in Walmart or CVS, Walgreens) on a cotton ball and put it in the microwave for a very short amount of time to make it warm and stick it in his ear. Do that all day tomorrow and then when the doc or urgent care is open on Friday, take him in then.

NanaMomo
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 5:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Idk mama, here's a bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StrawberryCool
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 5:53 AM
Uh juat take him to er.

Ive never known hospitals to bw closed on holidays.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
weirdkids
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 5:54 AM

thats what my grandmother said but my dr said to go ahead. she said that the bacteria was already there, and if it wanted to grow it was going to do it with or without my help lol i love that woman lol peroxide helps sometimes but i found it usually hurts more at first before it feels better.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh yes...the heating pad!!!!  Lifesaver!  

I have heard that doing that can increase the bacteria...but when they are in so much pain...you do whatever to give them some relief.

I just hate to make him wait...I know he's hurting...but I may have too...depending on how crazy it is out there in medicine world today! lol

Quoting weirdkids:

seraphimsong
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 5:58 AM
Do you have any of the numbing drops? My dr gave those to me for my dd because she gets frequent ear infections.

That way I can drop those in if she wakes in the middle of the night complaining of pain or whatnot. They are a lifesaver for situations like you're in.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 22, 2012 at 5:58 AM

If  I have the option to take him to an urgent care it would be soooo much better! 

Quoting StrawberryCool:

Uh juat take him to er.

Ive never known hospitals to bw closed on holidays.

SandyLaxner
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 5:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Walgreesn,CVS and some Tartget stores have clinics,if they are open today though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 22, 2012 at 6:00 AM

Yes...I have had a bottle of those ear drops in my medicine cabinet for about 9 years strait now! lol

Those are lifesavers too! 

Quoting seraphimsong:

Do you have any of the numbing drops? My dr gave those to me for my dd because she gets frequent ear infections.

That way I can drop those in if she wakes in the middle of the night complaining of pain or whatnot. They are a lifesaver for situations like you're in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)