Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

**sigh** should I just go away?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

:/

Me and this guy have been talking for a few months now. I knew I should have just ran when I had the chance. We were FWB for a while. We both got feelings for each other but never went on to say we were dating. Then last weekend after some drama with my ex-husband went down (to which he wasn't even involved in); he kind of got strange. He wasn't acting right, wasn't texting me, etc. I went over last night to talk to him and it was just really, really odd and awkward. I was kind of in a bad mood and exhausted and he was pretty tired himself. So, as usual, I stayed to watch a movie with him. I kept my distance on the couch from him to wait for any ques from him to cuddle. Finally, he grabbed me and pulled me over to cuddle and asked why I hadn't done that "a long time ago". I told him, "you never asked". I'm not the overbearing female that has to be on her guy 24/7 and I like to get ques before I start in, especially in an awkward situation. We got a little tipsy and of course we had sex but that was after he never told me he was going to bed, yet he lit a candle in the room. It was very awkward. USUALLY, he'd carry me to bed like a goofball or tell me. We did the deed, neither of us likes to cuddle after sex, we just like to go to sleep. He is a HUGE, HUGE cuddler though and actually loves it, and he's a good cuddler, too. One thing that I'm super attracted to, strange, I know. Anyways, morning comes we wake up. He immediately starts doing some stuff on the computer for school (we're both in the same program). He seemed pretty standoff-ish. I hung around most of the day because that's typically what happens when DS isn't here.

I felt the sense that I may have worn out my welcome but I wasn't sure why. While he worked on stuff for school, I cleaned his kitchen and made the bed and straightened up the livingroom and then I got on my laptop and did some stuff. About 2 hours rolls around and there's just this awkward silence while we're both on the computers. Then he leaves the room. About 30 mins goes by and I look behind me and he's still not back. I go to the room and there he is in bed. I go in and ask if he's taking a nap and if he wanted me to lay with him (he has a thing about sleeping alone, he doesn't like it). He said yes to both. However, naps we generally cuddle. He really didn't even acknowledge me in the bed, I touched his chest, nothing. Again, strange. So, we napped and got up and he had a family function to go to tonight and he walked me to my car and gave me a hug and kiss bye.

Well, I texted him something random to make him smile and he didn't respond right. I said something "I really like you butthead" or something stupid. Usually, he'll respond back with something of the sort but he just said, "I'm a likable guy :P". I'm like, "um....yeah. Guessing the feeling isn't mutual?" because at that point, after these last two days, that sealed the "off the chart" deal for me.

He basically said that it seemed like I was more ready for a relationship than he was atm. I told him that, I wasn't really ready for one but if the offer arouse, I wouldn't walk away from it and that I was fine being where we were now, etc...

We kept talking a bit and I asked what he meant like if he wanted to drop me totally or keep a FWB status? He said he didn't know.

I'm just so fucking confused right now. Why last week is he calling me baby, taking me to his parents house, telling me that we're pretty much on the path to be together to all of a sudden, not sure if he even wants to be friends with me?

I swear I haven't done anything different, I haven't been mean, I haven't been rude, I keep things spicy, we always have a lot of fun together and laugh non-stop, etc. My heart wasn't all the way into this but it was a little. I can't help but to be hurt.

My best guess is that he found another girl. Whatever, fine, just tell me the truth it's not that big of a deal to me. I still at least want to be just friends with him. He's a good guy and intelligent and fun to hang around with.

So, should I just say my good-byes and be done with him totally, give him space or what?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 5:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maryjmom
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 5:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Give him his space. That's all you can do. When he realizes your actually gone, he will come back to you and if he doesn't? He wasn't the right one for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mstkn.identity
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 5:54 AM
Id give him space and see what happens.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 22, 2012 at 5:55 AM
I hate when guys mind change LITERALLY over nite. It makes you second guess yourself horribly!! I would give him some space and just let him come to you for a while, and see where it goes. If he gets more and more distant I would just cut ties with him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 22, 2012 at 5:59 AM
Make yourself unavailable for a few days, make him chase after you. But dont give up completely it seems like he's conflicted.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 22, 2012 at 6:00 AM
See if he comes around in a few days
MJNMADDYSMOMMY
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 6:00 AM
What they all said ^
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 22, 2012 at 6:01 AM

Thank you. I hope he sees it but you're right.

The one thing I asked of him in the beginning, even at a just friend without anything happening is that he be truthful and honest with me; tell me what is on his mind and don't beat around the bush because I'm still recovering from a very, very, very bad marriage.

He agreed and took me on. We'll see what happens.

Quoting maryjmom:

Give him his space. That's all you can do. When he realizes your actually gone, he will come back to you and if he doesn't? He wasn't the right one for you.

velvetkitty
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 6:01 AM
Give him Space and distance yourself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 22, 2012 at 6:03 AM

DUDE, RIGHT?!?! Like it was within 2 days. Guys suck sometimes. I think he may be on his man period. LOL.

It really makes me feel badly of myself. He is a physically fit guy. I'm fluffy but also very physically fit (interally). For some reason I cannot get the inches/ weight off but I can keep up with any of the guys in my program during PT. He always told me how beautiful I was and always would gawk over me. Now, I just feel like it was all a lie.

Quoting Anonymous:

I hate when guys mind change LITERALLY over nite. It makes you second guess yourself horribly!! I would give him some space and just let him come to you for a while, and see where it goes. If he gets more and more distant I would just cut ties with him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 22, 2012 at 6:07 AM

Thank you. It's not going to be too hard to do that. I have soooo much to do for lab prep on Monday and get ready for PT test on Monday as well so it won't be too bad.

I'll see what happens. It kind of makes me want to just say "fuck it". But I did tell him, "Ok. I understand. Whenever you make your decision, I'm here for you with either decision. I may not be your gf but I'm still your friend and you know I'd give the shirt off my back for my friends. You know if you need/want me for any reason, I'm there." and we both left it at that. So the ball is in his court now.

Quoting Anonymous:

Make yourself unavailable for a few days, make him chase after you. But dont give up completely it seems like he's conflicted.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN