Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What Actions Constitutes A divorce?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Should A Woman Divorce Just Because She Is Unhappy?

Options:

Yes,because it is her business and her right.

No,unless of abuse or cheating

Maybe,it depends on all the facts of the relationship

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 345

View Results

Sometimes I feel like some women are quick to get a divorce instead of really trying to work out their marriage.I have a friend who is contemplating a divorce and has a laundry list of complaints.All of which seem petty and workable to me?

I just feel like if a man is not beating on you or cheating you should really try before tearing apart your family.I am not saying be in a miserable marriage.I am just saying all marriages have up times and down times.My friend says that women should not stay if unhappy and should have high expectations for companionship.I say what about the kids and the constitution of marriage?For better or worse and in sickness and health?

What are your feelings on divorce and marriage?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 6:41 AM
Replies (141-144):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 32 on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:17 AM
Abuse and cheating.
lruggio
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 4:27 PM

What I think, is that what may work for my marriage may not work at all for others...I think that it is not my place to decide what complaints are petty and workable because no one really truly knows the dynamics of a person's relationship with their spouse other than the husband or wife.

I feel like divorce is a tradgedy, but sometimes a necessary evil.  I believe in marraige and feel as you do, that there are good times and bad times and you do have to work on things...but only the people who are in a marriage together can know, if its salvagable or not.  So, when people tell me they are divorcing or they wan to divorce for whatever reason, I rend to try to stay out of it as I do not have privy to all of the information

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Nov. 24, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Cheating, abuse and addiction seem reasonable for a divorce to me. I would leave for those reasons. I would not leave right away for an addiction but only if he refused help.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 33 on Nov. 24, 2012 at 5:25 PM

I waited about 10 years too long before finally divorcing. Wish I had done it much sooner. 

He's a great guy, no abuse, no addiction, nothing like that. Tried therapy, grinning and bearing it, and anything else I could. It just wasn't a good match. I was profoundly lonely and he was never around for the kids or me.I knew it deep down fairly quickly but was just too stubborn to admit it and move on. The relatioinship was not supportive and nurturing (for either of us). 

Now we provide a better life for our children by being apart and happier and we can collaborate on the kids' needs without fighting. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)