Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Least expected best toy

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:34 AM
  • 12 Replies
What has been played with over and over again by your kids? I have expectations of a certain toy I know they will love, and they do.you know, the main idea gift for Christmas, or the toy that Santa brings. But it's always that 2nd or 3rd toy that ends up being played with quite a bit more, or becomes a useful learning toy.

For me, it has been the fisher price equivalent to a magna doodle. I got 2 of them last year for my kids. Now that my daughter is learning to write, she and my son play with their boards daily.

Before that, it was a cheap rocking horse that lasted 4 years with us!!

What has been the unexpected hit toy for you? Maybe I'll add it to my list...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
livelaughlov26
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this
A little car that my son plays with everyday. I bought it for like a dollar at a yard sale and its his favorite.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bri2011
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this
The lil people playsets and blocks seemed to be favorites of my kids
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RoseBlossom
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this

little teddy bears all my kids (including my boys) play with constantly. some store was giving out small teddy bears instead of candy for halloween and now thats their main toy.

SweetPea2004
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:57 AM

When she was four (now eight) we got her a giant soft horse that she now sits on a lot. All the rest seems to have been played with and passed on.

yayay15
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:59 AM
My kids love their imaginext castles and figures. My least expected is the stuffed animals. They always play with them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cueballsmom
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:45 AM
oddly enough, a bean bag type black cat. it is named scary kitty, and spend nights being argued over by my 3 yo and my 7 yo. other than that, they want my stuff, electronics!
funlovinlady
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Squinkies. Our Walmart had them clearanced last year for .50 I bought a bunch my dd loves them now.

graciesnycmama
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:52 AM
My dd got a keyboard that's a piano, plays music and even records it. She's been playing with it for 5 years. It looked like a bunch of junk, but it's not and she loves it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
So_Devious20
by Misha Lovegood<3 on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:52 AM
The $10 ride on toy that I got @ TTarget 3 years ago. She still pulls it out every now and again but it's time to pass it along. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MorganTho
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:53 AM
SIL got DD a little pig that walks and sings shepherd boy from the grocery store she works at. This was last Christmas. Dd loves the pig! Its so cute.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN