Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i met this guy in june and he seemed like a nice guy and all. Well not long after that we hooked up together and he told me his name but it turns out that wasn't really his name. Well i started feeling uncomfortable and and i googled the name and i saw that person was a registered sex offender. I looked at the picture but it didn't look like my new friend. So i thought nothing of it. Fast foward to last night he shows me his student id and it had that name on it that i googled. I looked it up this morning one more time and there was a recent picture and it was him. I don't know how to bring the situation up i dont know if i should keep my mouth closed or what. Before you ask he has seen my child but it was only on the day i met him and he hasn't seen her since. I am just so i don't know what to think right now.

I DONT KNOW HOW LONG AGO THIS WAS SO I CANT JUST JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS LIKE THAT I PLAN ON ASKING HIM TOMORROW WHATS REALLY GOING ON.

by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:36 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:43 AM
You owe him nothing. What's his charge? I am married to a registered sex offender, sometimes things go wrong and it really isn't their fault, and they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. My DH is a low risk the charge being Indecency with a minor by exposure. We have been married 7 years, I was there when the incident happened, and know the full story, plus I have seen the results of his lie detector. Ask question babe, it's not always what you think. I know this 100%.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Wait, he told you his name but it wasn't really his name?  How did you know that? 

I would just ask him.  It is very common and smart to check out new people in your life.  Ask him if he is on the list and why.  I would also look into getting the records to see if his story checked out.  If anything seems off, run like the wind. 

Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:44 AM
2 moms liked this
This.

He intentionally withheld that information knowing you have a child, & gave you an alias.

No good will come out of this.

Quoting MyLittlePwny:

You don't owe him an explanation. Run.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaykaymomi10
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:44 AM

sexual abuse 1 she was an 11 year

Quoting livelaughlov26:

What did he do? Can you tell why he got charged?

AjCeCeMom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:44 AM
He lied about his identity, you don't think that's reason enough?

Quoting Anonymous:

You owe him nothing. What's his charge? I am married to a registered sex offender, sometimes things go wrong and it really isn't their fault, and they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. My DH is a low risk the charge being Indecency with a minor by exposure. We have been married 7 years, I was there when the incident happened, and know the full story, plus I have seen the results of his lie detector. Ask question babe, it's not always what you think. I know this 100%.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
singlemom1208
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:45 AM
No matter what the charge was, I'd be out. This relationship started on a lie. Get out now
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
livelaughlov26
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:45 AM
You don't need to explain. Cease all contact. He is a predator.

Quoting kaykaymomi10:

Quoting livelaughlov26:

ShesALady
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:46 AM
Omg don't ever talk to him again. There are a million other men that haven't been on that list for any reason. That's horrible :(

Quoting kaykaymomi10:

Quoting livelaughlov26:

kaykaymomi10
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:46 AM

he gave me a nickname Bre and i asked what it was short for and he told me but i found out it wasn't true

Quoting Anonymous:

Wait, he told you his name but it wasn't really his name?  How did you know that? 

I would just ask him.  It is very common and smart to check out new people in your life.  Ask him if he is on the list and why.  I would also look into getting the records to see if his story checked out.  If anything seems off, run like the wind. 

GodsPrincess37
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:46 AM

She's absolutely right!  Better safe than sorry.

Quoting MyLittlePwny:

You don't owe him an explanation. Run.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN