Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i met this guy in june and he seemed like a nice guy and all. Well not long after that we hooked up together and he told me his name but it turns out that wasn't really his name. Well i started feeling uncomfortable and and i googled the name and i saw that person was a registered sex offender. I looked at the picture but it didn't look like my new friend. So i thought nothing of it. Fast foward to last night he shows me his student id and it had that name on it that i googled. I looked it up this morning one more time and there was a recent picture and it was him. I don't know how to bring the situation up i dont know if i should keep my mouth closed or what. Before you ask he has seen my child but it was only on the day i met him and he hasn't seen her since. I am just so i don't know what to think right now.

I DONT KNOW HOW LONG AGO THIS WAS SO I CANT JUST JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS LIKE THAT I PLAN ON ASKING HIM TOMORROW WHATS REALLY GOING ON.

by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:36 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:43 AM
You owe him nothing. What's his charge? I am married to a registered sex offender, sometimes things go wrong and it really isn't their fault, and they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. My DH is a low risk the charge being Indecency with a minor by exposure. We have been married 7 years, I was there when the incident happened, and know the full story, plus I have seen the results of his lie detector. Ask question babe, it's not always what you think. I know this 100%.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Wait, he told you his name but it wasn't really his name?  How did you know that? 

I would just ask him.  It is very common and smart to check out new people in your life.  Ask him if he is on the list and why.  I would also look into getting the records to see if his story checked out.  If anything seems off, run like the wind. 

Litlmama87
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:44 AM
2 moms liked this
This.

He intentionally withheld that information knowing you have a child, & gave you an alias.

No good will come out of this.

Quoting MyLittlePwny:

You don't owe him an explanation. Run.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaykaymomi10
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:44 AM

sexual abuse 1 she was an 11 year

Quoting livelaughlov26:

What did he do? Can you tell why he got charged?

AjCeCeMom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:44 AM
He lied about his identity, you don't think that's reason enough?

Quoting Anonymous:

You owe him nothing. What's his charge? I am married to a registered sex offender, sometimes things go wrong and it really isn't their fault, and they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. My DH is a low risk the charge being Indecency with a minor by exposure. We have been married 7 years, I was there when the incident happened, and know the full story, plus I have seen the results of his lie detector. Ask question babe, it's not always what you think. I know this 100%.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
singlemom1208
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:45 AM
No matter what the charge was, I'd be out. This relationship started on a lie. Get out now
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
livelaughlov26
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:45 AM
You don't need to explain. Cease all contact. He is a predator.

Quoting kaykaymomi10:

Quoting livelaughlov26:

ShesALady
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:46 AM
Omg don't ever talk to him again. There are a million other men that haven't been on that list for any reason. That's horrible :(

Quoting kaykaymomi10:

Quoting livelaughlov26:

kaykaymomi10
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:46 AM

he gave me a nickname Bre and i asked what it was short for and he told me but i found out it wasn't true

Quoting Anonymous:

Wait, he told you his name but it wasn't really his name?  How did you know that? 

I would just ask him.  It is very common and smart to check out new people in your life.  Ask him if he is on the list and why.  I would also look into getting the records to see if his story checked out.  If anything seems off, run like the wind. 

GodsPrincess37
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:46 AM

She's absolutely right!  Better safe than sorry.

Quoting MyLittlePwny:

You don't owe him an explanation. Run.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN