Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My mom skipped Thanksgiving...wtf?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 67 Replies

I just got a call from my mom...which is normal for every holiday. She always calls to tell me "Happy such and such"...but today, that was followed with, "I'm not cooking this year..i have had it with your dad and his hateful attitude, and I'm going to the beach, to spend Thanksgiving alone! "

I was kinda shocked...she's always cooked dinner. ALWAYS...lol....but I told her to have fun and be safe, and secretly wished I could go to.

She then told me that my brothers were all pissed at her, and all whiney about it. These are 3 grown men with families of their own. I don't know why they are acting like this...my mom NEVER does anything remotely selfish, so I told her to have a great time shopping and drinking wine:)

Again...I wish I had of it first...I heart our beach house:)

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thetrollcat
by Meow on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this

did you go kick dad's ass?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:33 AM
2 moms liked this

So, you had all planned on going and she backed out today? If that is the case, that is shitty. How is everyone supposed to pull a dinner together last minute?

AjCeCeMom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:33 AM
Good for her! I hope she enjoys herself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:33 AM
I would be pretty upset too. Now what are they supposed to do? Run out and buy last pickings for their own make shift dinner?

Be selfish another day.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:34 AM
Good for her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SharonHernandez
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:34 AM
Yeah my mom quit doing thanksgiving 2 years ago, it sucks now we don't have her cooking. She's gotten lazy lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Quoting thetrollcat:

did you go kick dad's ass?

LOL...I'm sure one of my brothers is over there as we speak

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

I would be pretty upset too. Now what are they supposed to do? Run out and buy last pickings for their own make shift dinner?

Be selfish another day.

Even if she backed out, say, yesterday, I would be able to suck it up and deal. I mean if she gave no notice, I would be pissed. The father pisses her off and the family pays? That is selfish. That is for sure.

1likeme
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:36 AM
Go for her. I hope she has an awesome day.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:36 AM
4 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

So, you had all planned on going and she backed out today? If that is the case, that is shitty. How is everyone supposed to pull a dinner together last minute?

lol...by going to the grocery store like any self-sufficient adult and buying food? That would be my guess?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)