Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Did/Do you buy your child(ren) toys that will ruin them?

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:42 AM
  • 16 Replies

So I was told in another post that buying my daughter an American Girl doll will make her pop out babies and lead her to a life of cleaning and being fully "genderized". Apparently learning and becoming nurturing is a bad thing. She also said children should only recive electronics and playing outside is not the best thing.

So who else here is ruining their child(ren) by buying "gender specific" toys!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mweddle
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Thats dumb.  My daughter wants an American Girl doll!   I didn't get her one because she is still a little too young.  I did get her a princess and a prince doll.  I must be the worst kind of mother. 

purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Well I don't do that. I buy my boys boy and girl toys. Hell I just bought them another kitchen. 

Ciuplys
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Hanging head in shame! ME! lol Good thing I don't care what other ppl think. My kids my way
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:46 AM

I get them what they like...although, I will not buy AG dolls as I find them to be overpriced for my tastes..tons of my friends have them for their girls, but my youngest would destroy it at 4 and my 7 year old is into science things- not dolls. 

I don't care what people buy their kids. Every parent has to make that decision for their own family. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

SuperPickle
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Ugh that is just as stupid as not allowing a boy to have a kitchen set because its for girls... Kids should play with what they like, not base it on if its "for" a girl or a boy. My sons like "girl" things like dolls and kitchens and stuff....but they also love their monster trucks and bb guns... should they only be allowed the dolls? It is just silly.

mariesmama
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:48 AM

thats hilarious my 3 yr old has an american girl and never plays with it shes trying to remove the treetop angel from the box as i type this though

rosemagic01
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:48 AM

So what should a kid do if they can't play with all that kind of stuff geeze.

carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:48 AM
2 moms liked this

Well then I guess my son will grow up to be a SAHM because last xmas I bought him a kitchen set.

Wait, this year I bought him a pirate ship. Man..he may grow up confused lol.

NiamhWitch
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:49 AM
I'm considering getting my son an AG doll.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SweetPea2004
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:49 AM

I agree, dd has had blocks, Legos, science sets, dolls etc. I made it clear in the other post that I am getting her what she wants.

Quoting SuperPickle:

Ugh that is just as stupid as not allowing a boy to have a kitchen set because its for girls... Kids should play with what they like, not base it on if its "for" a girl or a boy. My sons like "girl" things like dolls and kitchens and stuff....but they also love their monster trucks and bb guns... should they only be allowed the dolls? It is just silly.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)