Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ds or Dsi xl?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

Which is better? (for a 10 and almost 7 year old)

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Dsi xl I think

mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:48 AM

The XL has Wifi capability and a larger screen, so that is really the only difference in them. My 7 year old has a DS and I am buying myself an XL tonight at Gamestop for $79 that is refurbished. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Hmmm....is the xl something we can block certain things since it has internet access?

Quoting mcginnisc:

The XL has Wifi capability and a larger screen, so that is really the only difference in them. My 7 year old has a DS and I am buying myself an XL tonight at Gamestop for $79 that is refurbished. 

2metalbabies
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:53 AM
Didn't they come out with a 3Ds xl? I think my 10 yr old wants that one but she already has a 3Ds
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
XoXo.Nikki.XoXo
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:54 AM
I'm not sure either. Our youngest one wants one for christmas and I've been looking around. It seems like the XL is. I think that's the one I'm going with. It's a few more dollars, but reviews keep saying its worth the few extra bucks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MammaPaparazza
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:54 AM
We got our kids the 3ds last year, the guy told us eventually all games will be in 3d so it was the better choice , it also has wi fi as well
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XoXo.Nikki.XoXo
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:55 AM
Have you seen the graphic effects? Omg we went to target the other day and they had it out. Both me and SO looked at it for a few seconds and already had a headache. Our little one wants a ds but he won't be getting one of those lol. That screen is horrible.

Quoting 2metalbabies:

Didn't they come out with a 3Ds xl? I think my 10 yr old wants that one but she already has a 3Ds

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Hmmm....is the xl something we can block certain things since it has internet access?

Quoting mcginnisc:

Yes...you can put parental blacks on it...it requires a pin. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Thanks!

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mcginnisc:

Yes...you can put parental blacks on it...it requires a pin. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Same here. That screen is awful for me. Lol

Quoting XoXo.Nikki.XoXo:

Have you seen the graphic effects? Omg we went to target the other day and they had it out. Both me and SO looked at it for a few seconds and already had a headache. Our little one wants a ds but he won't be getting one of those lol. That screen is horrible.

Quoting 2metalbabies:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)