Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To those crying because they are working

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

One be grateful you have a damned job and can come home at the end of the day/night and still see your family!

How many are spending their holidays away from their families totally?

Quit your bitching and get over it!

My mother in law hasn't had a holiday off since the Thanksgiving her husband passed! Does she like it? No! But she knew it would be here job to work Thanksgiving/black Friday dealing with crazies at not just one but BOTH jobs!

My best friend is over seas for yet another Thanksgiving, why? To make sure you whiney bitches have peace and comfort! Knowing the bad guys ain't fighting in OUR back yard! Why because its his job

Suck it up and quit bitching
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:52 AM
Replies (11-20):
AdellesMom
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this
They should be thankful that they have jobs...just sayin'!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ButterMeUp
by Butters on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Sometimes they are, and how exactly do you know the order will even be shipped today? 

Quoting PinkParadox:

What I find ironic is how people think shopping online is better.  Like your warehouse orders are filled by robots.  Those warehouse workers work long hard hours....

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

EmmaGlenn20
by Canadian Sweetheart on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:00 AM

I agree completely. It's about context, right?

I should never complain about the electricity going out and my DD going without a warm bottle because some people don't even have either!

Following this line of thinking, no one, anywhere, should never ever be able to complain about anything.

Quoting ButterMeUp:

I'm supposed to care, right? So because our soldiers are doing the job the signed up for, others can't complain. Bullshit oh anonymous one!

I hope you never complain about the lines at stores because some have no food.

I hope you never complain about the lines at voting polls, some have no right to vote.

I hope you don't compain about your kids, some have no kids

I hope you not ever breath a sign of pity, some can't breath.

FUCK YOU AND HAPPY THANKS GIVIN!

PinkParadox
Anonymous replies are cowardly. Stand behind what you say, or shut up. That is all.
Yesterday at 8:36 PM
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:01 AM

My husband works in a warehouse, for a huge company.  They are open every day of the year, and working 60 hours this week.

Quoting ButterMeUp:

Sometimes they are, and how exactly do you know the order will even be shipped today? 

Quoting PinkParadox:

What I find ironic is how people think shopping online is better.  Like your warehouse orders are filled by robots.  Those warehouse workers work long hard hours....

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:02 AM

My husband isnt complaining.....but if he did he has every right too. EVERYONE bitchs at one time or another about their job. Its life doesn't mean hes not grateful or thankful. Hell i dont complain but yes my 5yr old misses daddy at dinner.

Quoting PinkParadox:

Quoting Anonymous:

So My 5yr old can't at all be bothered Daddy has to work? All because you said so.....or cuz it could be worse or others have too....ok shut up.

I bet he'd be more bothered if he didn't have a job.  How much holiday pay does he get?

mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:02 AM
I agree op.

Im out of work due to surgery yesterday! I wish I could be working
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HouseMa
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:03 AM

I'm pretty damn sure both you and he would be more mad and upset if he was in Afghanistan, or Kuwait or someplace else.

Or, if he had paid the ultimate sacrifice so you and your child were able to live in Freedom.

Quoting Anonymous:

So My 5yr old can't at all be bothered Daddy has to work? All because you said so.....or cuz it could be worse or others have too....ok shut up.

seraphimsong
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:05 AM
It sucks working on holidays no matter what your job is - especially when all your family is getting together.

Doesn't mean they can't vent.

I would not want to be working today or tomorrow - people get crazy!!!

Thankfully I don't have to!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PinkParadox
Anonymous replies are cowardly. Stand behind what you say, or shut up. That is all.
Yesterday at 8:36 PM
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I understand.  When I was working, my husband and I always worked opposite shifts, so that someone was with the childrem.  We worked for a company that never closed...so we have worked a lot of holidays.  Since I've been a SAHM, my husband has always worked nights.  My 2 girls don't get that much time with their daddy, when they do we make it count.  At the end of the day, it is what it is.  In this economy, I am so grateful that he's working at all.  I count my blessings, instead of whining about what should be different....but, that's just how I am.  I'm a doer, not a complainer.  I don't complain about things, I figure out what I'm going to do and move forward.  Anything else is pretty much a waste of time.  JMO

Quoting Anonymous:

My husband isnt complaining.....but if he did he has every right too. EVERYONE bitchs at one time or another about their job. Its life doesn't mean hes not grateful or thankful. Hell i dont complain but yes my 5yr old misses daddy at dinner.

Quoting PinkParadox:

Quoting Anonymous:

I bet he'd be more bothered if he didn't have a job.  How much holiday pay does he get?

november117
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:07 AM
My thought is this. While I understand it does stink to work a holiday (I worked every other holiday working in the hospital) you know what you are signing up for. In today's economy those who have a job should be thankful they have one. Does that mean they can't be a little sad about it? No, everybody is entitled to that emotion. But does it meam there should be petitions going around and all that stuff? No. They took that job knowing full well holiday work may happen. I worked several Thanksgivings/Christmas's/Fourth of July's. You just have to make the best of it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured