Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

To those crying because they are working

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

One be grateful you have a damned job and can come home at the end of the day/night and still see your family!

How many are spending their holidays away from their families totally?

Quit your bitching and get over it!

My mother in law hasn't had a holiday off since the Thanksgiving her husband passed! Does she like it? No! But she knew it would be here job to work Thanksgiving/black Friday dealing with crazies at not just one but BOTH jobs!

My best friend is over seas for yet another Thanksgiving, why? To make sure you whiney bitches have peace and comfort! Knowing the bad guys ain't fighting in OUR back yard! Why because its his job

Suck it up and quit bitching
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:52 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:12 AM

A-fricken-men! So they have to work. Poor babies. I feel so bad for them... NOT. Be happy you have a job and bullets are not whizzing past your head.

coleysmama
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh please.... Quit bitchin' about bitchin'
Maybe they should be happy that they're soldiers born in the USA instead of street children in Bombay.
I do appreciate all their sacrafices but need to point out how stupid this post is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:12 AM
This. Missing your family members is not whiney. Just because someone has it worse(truly some else always will) does not mean it doesnt suck that I dont get to celebrate with my husband. Or that I wont see him for weeks again.

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

While I get your point.  At the same time they have a right to vent.  Yes, somewhere someone always has it worse but it doesn't mean their problems/vents are less important.

Btw.  I'm thankful for the troops :)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
yayay15
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:13 AM
My husband works at a piwer plant and works every holiday and I don't hear people complaining that they have power like they are complaining that stores shouldn't be open . Lol. We don't complain. We just work around it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Melanie420
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:13 AM
Couldn't have said it better myself :)

Quoting ButterMeUp:

I'm supposed to care, right? So because our soldiers are doing the job the signed up for, others can't complain. Bullshit oh anonymous one!

I hope you never complain about the lines at stores because some have no food.

I hope you never complain about the lines at voting polls, some have no right to vote.

I hope you don't compain about your kids, some have no kids

I hope you not ever breath a sign of pity, some can't breath.

FUCK YOU AND HAPPY THANKS GIVIN!

Aislinn
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Quoting WardosWifey:

I worked at Walmart 6 Thanksgivings in a row, and I never bitched about it.  Yeah it sucks but you do what you gotta do.  That's what being an ADULT is about.

Yup. I have had to work every holiday in existence, at one point or another ,and I have never worked retail, a day in my life. It is called being a business owner. lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:15 AM

They are complaining because they are overworked and underpaid. Do some research about how Walmart treats their workers. They have every right to complain and stand up for themselves if they are not getting treated fairly.

Kylie819
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:15 AM
I think it's ok to be sad that a spouse/father/whatever is working. I'm sad that my husband is working today and would rather him be home. What baffles me is 1) Those who let it ruin their holiday, and 2) Those who risk their job over it. My husband is a police officer and works Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas this year. We will be celebrating Christmas on a day he is off and I know it will be wonderful! I'm glad that DH has a good job, and since police are on duty 24/7/365 we understand that working holidays is a sacrifice our family has to make. It is what it is and we make the best of it.
Melanie420
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:16 AM
They didn't have to sign up for the job, I can say the same thing....they have to work, poor babies

Quoting Anonymous:

A-fricken-men! So they have to work. Poor babies. I feel so bad for them... NOT. Be happy you have a job and bullets are not whizzing past your head.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this

There is a difference! People in the armed services, police, emts, firefighter, nurses, etc are essential. People working in retail are NOT. They are not working to maintain order, help people, or keep status qou. They are working for the glory of the all mighty dollar. It's wrong that people think that this is ok. Greed is never ok. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN