Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

To those crying because they are working

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

One be grateful you have a damned job and can come home at the end of the day/night and still see your family!

How many are spending their holidays away from their families totally?

Quit your bitching and get over it!

My mother in law hasn't had a holiday off since the Thanksgiving her husband passed! Does she like it? No! But she knew it would be here job to work Thanksgiving/black Friday dealing with crazies at not just one but BOTH jobs!

My best friend is over seas for yet another Thanksgiving, why? To make sure you whiney bitches have peace and comfort! Knowing the bad guys ain't fighting in OUR back yard! Why because its his job

Suck it up and quit bitching
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:52 AM
Replies (41-50):
thehickinhickor
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:18 AM
I just wosh mine still had a job to bitch about he is in the Army Reserves tho just no longer as a full time job
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Whatever. Those soldiers,nurses,EMTs,police officers, ARE needed. People will survive if a freaking Wal-Mart or Target is closed for 1 day. 

I actually find this image disrespectful to our service men/women and their families. You are actually comparing what they do to a retail worker. SMFH

1boy1girlmama
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:20 AM

NO joke. There are so many professions that don't get the day off, Dr.'s, nurses, hospital staff, military who are deployed, gas stations, cable guys, and so many more. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Working is not a choice but being in the military is a choice.

I feel bad for the people working in retail on Thanksgiving but not in the military - they signed their life away and their choices once they joined the military.

seraphimsong
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm pretty sure she's talking about the adults with the jobs complaining - not their kids.

Kids don't know better

Quoting Anonymous:

So My 5yr old can't at all be bothered Daddy has to work? All because you said so.....or cuz it could be worse or others have too....ok shut up.

sarah.xo
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:23 AM

OMFG  I love the siggy!

Quoting ButterMeUp:

SweetPea2004
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:23 AM

My exdh is in Afghanistan till next fall and my dd would love to see her dad.

CafeMom Tickers
seraphimsong
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:26 AM
Well the same can be said for those that work retail - they know stores are open on holidays and they still accepted the job

Quoting Anonymous:

I feel bad for the people working in retail on Thanksgiving but not in the military - they signed their life away and their choices once they joined the military.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:27 AM
I would like to work, even if that means working today. People has a right to be sad, people has a right to be happy too. People like you dont be grateful of the stores thats open today when you need a last minute item, people who work at the er when someone can get hurt, people who is in labor and needs someone to.deliver the baby. Be grateful and quit thinking people who work cant be sad.
SweetPea2004
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Those in retail signed up for crap pay and hours so I have no sympathy or them.

Quoting Anonymous:

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)