Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

To those crying because they are working

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

One be grateful you have a damned job and can come home at the end of the day/night and still see your family!

How many are spending their holidays away from their families totally?

Quit your bitching and get over it!

My mother in law hasn't had a holiday off since the Thanksgiving her husband passed! Does she like it? No! But she knew it would be here job to work Thanksgiving/black Friday dealing with crazies at not just one but BOTH jobs!

My best friend is over seas for yet another Thanksgiving, why? To make sure you whiney bitches have peace and comfort! Knowing the bad guys ain't fighting in OUR back yard! Why because its his job

Suck it up and quit bitching
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:52 AM
Replies (71-75):
jen2150
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:55 PM

I completely agree. I always try and look for the good in everything.  When I was stuck in traffic because of an accident, I felt thankful I wasn't the one in the accident.

LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:59 PM
I'm working tonight and while I'm sad ill miss time with family who came from 3-6 hours away, I'm not complaining. Also I am salaried so I don't get holiday pay.
Someone always has it worse it doesn't mean you can't be sad or upset.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 1:03 PM
Black Friday isn't a holiday, Thanksgiving us.
KB toys didn't start opening at midnight until about 15 years ago not 20. That's how the whole thing started.
Working at 11 or 12 is different than NOW having to work at 5.
NO I don't work retail, I do have to work tonight with NO holiday pay but I'm still a little sad ill miss spending time with my family.

Quoting SweetPea2004:

Please tell me why people sign up for the military? A large part is for job security and to have a job period.

Twenty years so stores were opening in the middle of the night and at the crack I dawn. I remember standing in front of k b toys with my mom. 

Those who have signed up to work retail in the last ten years knew what they were getting into. My roommate has worked Black Friday for the last nine years.

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL they signed up for a job because they needed it. They deserve to spend time with their family on Thanksgiving like everyone else does who actively lives and works in the United States. The world won't go to hell(neither will peoples lives in the middle east either because we cannot mind our own fucking business overseas and think we have to be mediators) if retail workers have off Thanksgiving. But, it will stop idiots from coming out of their house drunk and trample people. Military personnel's KNEW when they signed up they would be[might] deployed. This is new thing retail stores are doing (Target, Toys R Us, and Walmart) opening before midnight on Thanksgiving. I highly doubt they signed up to spend their Thanksgiving night at work instead of going in at midnight. 

Quoting SweetPea2004:

Those in retail signed up for crap pay and hours so I have no sympathy or them.

Quoting Anonymous:

Working is not a choice but being in the military is a choice.

I feel bad for the people working in retail on Thanksgiving but not in the military - they signed their life away and their choices once they joined the military.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
QueenBof6
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 1:06 PM
I think it riciculous people are crying about working on the holidays. If you don't want to work weekend holidays and nights. Get a job that doesn't require that.

It's not when you celebrate the holiday that's important. It's with who. Make the best of what you can.

I'll be heading to work on a couple hours and we are celebrating tomorrow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brandie1470
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Well said! My man is working today and will be working Christmas too. I am not complaining. He works at a prison, so I pray he gets home safe everyday. Not everyone working holidays is working because of the holidays. Today is Thanksgiving. Be thankful you all have jobs so you can enjoy your holidays whneever you may be able to have them

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)