Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Online Dating.. The Men.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

I'm not trying to be stuck up, because I'm not. But it seems that since my divorce I have only gotten more unattractive (to me) men message me then men I find attractive. Is it just me or is this normal. I'm a pretty woman I get told almost everyday when I'm out ans about. Please don't think I'm stuck up.. I just dont know how to word this.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Probably because there are more unattractive men on the site than there are attractive men.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Sometimes personality is more important than looks...what are you going to do when that "hot" guy is 80 and wrinkly with a nasty boring personality? Your pretty face will be all wrinkly one day and the man will still have to deal with your petty personality....Look beyond the face/body and you might find a decent guy.

tgirl715
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:48 AM
They may have read your profile and thought you were someone they wanted to get to know. I used to get a ton of messages daily(80-100 )and 40-45% of them weren't my type or attractive to me. I would get a lot of men just messaging to tell me I was beautiful or had pretty eyes I always took time to read their profile however in mine I said if you don't hear back don't be offended I'm probably not interested. I met the most amazing guy ever and getting married in January I always thought those sites were a joke but you can meet the right person you have to have patience:)
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:51 AM
Just weed out the ones you don't like and find someone you're attracted to. It might take a while but that's normal.
AjCeCeMom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:51 AM
Start messaging the ones you do find attractive? Instead of waiting for them to message you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kristiansmommy1
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:54 AM
Couldn't Have said it better myself! But you do have to be somewhat attracted, I've met guys ugly as hell but when we actually got to know each other they got attractive bc they were good guys, that's why it's harder to do online dating

Quoting Anonymous:

Sometimes personality is more important than looks...what are you going to do when that "hot" guy is 80 and wrinkly with a nasty boring personality? Your pretty face will be all wrinkly one day and the man will still have to deal with your petty personality....Look beyond the face/body and you might find a decent guy.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paige8608
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I have met some pretty attractive guys online! Although, I was messaged from some pretty unattractive ones. I am currently in a relationship w/ probably the most gorgeous guy ever! It took a while, but you will find someone nice & gorgeous!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:05 PM

What site did you use?

Quoting tgirl715:

They may have read your profile and thought you were someone they wanted to get to know. I used to get a ton of messages daily(80-100 )and 40-45% of them weren't my type or attractive to me. I would get a lot of men just messaging to tell me I was beautiful or had pretty eyes I always took time to read their profile however in mine I said if you don't hear back don't be offended I'm probably not interested. I met the most amazing guy ever and getting married in January I always thought those sites were a joke but you can meet the right person you have to have patience:)

tgirl715
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:09 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Plenty of Fish
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Ive been on that site. Seems like most of the ones I talk to on there only want a booty call. Im not about just being a booty call.

Quoting tgirl715:

Quoting Anonymous:

Plenty of Fish

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured