Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is this bad parenting?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
1 mom liked this

Poll

Question: Bad or creative ?

Options:

Bad

Creative

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 61

View Results

My 4yo DD was banging on her window with a toy, she knows she is not supposed to do this. I HATE yelling and I hate spanking. It doesnt work like it used to and I feel guilty after and she always wants a hug and a kiss after because her feelings are hurt and it breaks my heart. Well I was kind of spying on her doing this, knowing that if I simply told her to stop she would resume as soon as I left the room. I grabbed my trusty air horn and honked it into her room and scared the crap out of her and said "Dont bang on your window, that is naughty". She actually stopped lol 

Btw it was a cheap dollar store air horn lol 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marihla
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Eh, it works.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:42 PM
LOL! I need one of those!
lilblu399
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:43 PM
lol! but those things are pretty loud, I would be concerned about her hearing if it was used a lot. I clap or stomp my foot when I see my kids doing stuff they are not supposed to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:43 PM
Whatever works.. Lol
eyeheartsin
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:45 PM
Lol!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:45 PM

It was a dollar store one, it didnt hurt my ears and all and she was across the room from me so I figured it wasnt so bad. lol

Quoting lilblu399:

lol! but those things are pretty loud, I would be concerned about her hearing if it was used a lot. I clap or stomp my foot when I see my kids doing stuff they are not supposed to.

crazymammy25
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:45 PM

PMSL!! If it works why not? :-)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:45 PM

this made me lol and its something i wouldnt be opposed to. ive burst in my kids room beforedubble armed with cans of silly string to attack, oh boy  did the scream at 1st. despite it for once being me making a mess  they cleaned it up for me lol

cueballsmom
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:46 PM
a water pistol or spray bottle of water is what we use! good parenting!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:46 PM

We always do stuff like that. Thats why I had the air horn. I jumped out of the pantry one night and scared him and honked it lol

Quoting Anonymous:

this made me lol and its something i wouldnt be opposed to. ive burst in my kids room beforedubble armed with cans of silly string to attack, oh boy  did the scream at 1st. despite it for once being me making a mess  they cleaned it up for me lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)