Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm tired of reading posts of women who have MULTIPLE abortions!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Yes...this is another abortion post. If you are tired of reading these, I don't blame you...but I have to get this out. Feel free to skim over this post if abortion is upsetting for you. 

Okay...so I will admit that if I had accidentally gotten pregnant before I met my DH, I would have gotten an abortion. I know a lot about abortion and I think it's horrible, but I would not have wanted to bring a child into the world that I would in no way have been able to take care of. Yes I know that there are other options, but that is what I would have decided. 

So...I'm not judging others who have an abortion. 

But I am absolutly sickened by these women on CM claiming to have like FOUR abortions like it's nothing. 

Abortion is not a birth control option. Birth control is not that difficult to get right and there are soooooo many different kinds of options that at least one is bound to work for you. 

There should be a limit of two for abortions. Maybe if women realized that they couldn't just get an abortion after having unprotected sex, they would be more dilligent with their birth control or they would have to deal with the consequences of their actions. 

Seriously...what kind of a sick, heartless monster could have so many abortions?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 4:32 PM
Replies (11-20):
SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:19 PM

I agree with you, OP.  Unless there are extenduating circumstances.  Abortion is NOT birth control and it seems like many women use it as such. No excuses, ladies. Put on your big girl panties and be responsible.

epoh
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:19 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't agree with setting limitations.

You have no idea as to the plethora of reasons women have multiple abortions.

When you start taking away one person's rights it leads to the removal of rights of others. It is a very slippery slope.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sunshinebebe26
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:20 PM

I agree, abortion should not be allowed as a form of birth control !!! It is sick !

epoh
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:20 PM
And FTR, abortion is indeed defined as birth control.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:21 PM

SMH

The irony of this post doesn't escape me.

emeraldangel2.0
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this

the type of sick heartless person who knows having a baby could kill her...just throwing that out there

also, a woman who knows when she can't handle children. most women who had abortions actually used birth control. whether it was correctly or not is another manner.

so what you need to do is get over it. it's not your business. go feed a child who didn't have a thanksgiving meal today.

Dabberdoo
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Quoting epoh:

And FTR, abortion is indeed defined as birth control.

Sadly, you are correct.

Mrs.Miller11
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:22 PM

why do you keep reading them than? You dont have to read them if they bother you

Cassie2115
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:22 PM

My niece admitted to me that she has had 3. She was only 20 and was with the same guy! I lost all respect I had for her at that time. If you run into issues once, get some BC. This was just her being lazy. I could understand a rape situation, but this is just dumb.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:23 PM
5 moms liked this
Lol. Are you talking about me? I had four abortions and no, I wasn't particularly bothered by it.

I had one at 19 while on Nuva Ring and condoms. Condom broke, and apparently Nuva Ring wasn't a good BC fit for me: I got pregnant. I was in a crappy relationship, a full time college student and working two jobs. Not exactly the environment I wanted to bring a child into.

I had another one 4 years later at 9 weeks when I was diagnosed with cervical cancer. I was disapointed, sure, but my health came first.

I went on to have two children, but aborted 5 years later when the fetus I was carrying was diagnosed with anencephaly at 14 weeks. Again, I was disapointed, but what was I going to do? The pregnancy wasn't viable.

I had another abortion when I was 34. I had a Mirena IUD and was in the process of dealing with my insurance company about covering a tubal. I got pregnant. I did not want another child, period. I had the IUD removed and the pregnancy as well.

You don't like it? Kick rocks. I don't see how it affects you in the slightest.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)