Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

We should all be thankful every day.

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:05 PM
  • 0 Replies
1 mom liked this

I understand how many of you feel about today. To the ones who hate this holiday. Truly, I do... It's a Hallmark holiday rooted in America's greed.. I felt bitter over it and so many other distorted, fake American holidays for so long..but Thanksgiving is also a time when family comes together and traditions are passed down. When I look back at my childhood, I really cherished the holidays.. even the cliche parts. I want my son to have those kinds of memories too.

It is all about how YOU make your traditions happen. Put your beliefs into your thanksgiving, make your own statement.. You don't have to participate the way the majority does, but there is nothing wrong with giving thanks. Thanks for the life you are able to live however you wish. Thanks to the animals who we eat. Thanks to whatever you truly feel thankful for. Being thankful is something I want my son to be..and not on just one day of the year. So here is to making today how you want it to be. Whether you are enjoying a huge feast with family and stuffing yourself full, or if you are just spending tonight like any other night, eating no more than you need.

Thanks to all of those who enrich my life. Thanks especially to my son who is my heart and soul, who helps me grow into a better person every day. Thanks to my Mother ( who I believe in my heart is still concious somewhere, in one form or another ) and to my Father, who both GAVE me my life. Thanks to the universe whose beauty and mystery never ceases to amaze me. Thanks for everything, the good experiences and the bad. 

Happy THANKS giving everyone!

by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN