Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever had CPS called on you or someone you know?

Posted by   + Show Post

The CPS worker post got me wondering.   Has anyone ever had CPS called on them or known a personal close friend of family member that has.  What happened.

I haven't.   I have never known anyone who has, but I have called. 

by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:20 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:25 PM

yes because my house never seems to be clean enough despite the fact my daughter is clean, safe, loved and in clean clothes and fed regularly

cLanief
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:25 PM
Me no. But a friend has (unfounded allegatIons) and my xroommate my multiple times until all 4. Of her kids were taken for good.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:25 PM
Yup, a nasty divorce. The complaint was always that there was no food/not enough food. Always a lie.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:26 PM
Yes. My ex got charged with assault from hitting our son.
The charges were dropped and he took me back to court for access rights. The judge was taking my side on the access issue so to get back at me he called CPS.
The complaints? One time DS ran up the rode (he lived across the street) and I was pregnant so my best friend chased after him, he said we just let him do it (bullshit, I had witnesses that defended me). The other complaint? I made DS clean up his own toys.
The worker came once, stayed for 15 minutes and never returned.
After that he tried using the call against me in court. Can you imagine how stupid he appeared when we signed release forms and it came back that he called?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:26 PM

No

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:28 PM

I had them called on me once when I decided I no longer wanted to babysit for a family I had been working for. The case never went anywhere. My sister has had them called several times. She really needs to have her kids removed but hasn't.

laparla
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:28 PM

I've known people who were called on, never for any remotely good reason.  Usually CPS buzzed off but in a couple cases they hung in like mad dogs until the judge ruled against them.

kngarber
by Katie on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Whatttt???!!!  That is nuts.  I mean unless your mom is a drunken drug addict....not implying she is I just can't understand why that would concern anyone.

Quoting EmmaGlenn20:

No, I've had someone threaten to call CPS on me because I let my mother have my daughter for a visit for a week.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:28 PM
My sons father did this.
I had a few people go to my lawyer and sign affidavits on the condition of the house.
My lawyer faxed them to CPS and said an unannounced visit was needed.
CPS called and gave them notice. They held a cleaning party.

Quoting MrsImperfect:

My sister had cps called a few times. She derseved it. But got away with it. She was a social worker. Always caught wind they were gonna investigate. So she would have painting and cleaning parties to get her house prepared to pass.
kngarber
by Katie on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Did you talk to his parents first and they didn't react?

Quoting purpleducky:

They have not been called on me *knock on wood*. I have called them though when my nephew said he was suicidal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured