Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Have you ever had CPS called on you or someone you know?

Posted by   + Show Post

The CPS worker post got me wondering.   Has anyone ever had CPS called on them or known a personal close friend of family member that has.  What happened.

I haven't.   I have never known anyone who has, but I have called. 

by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:20 PM
Replies (171-178):
LizzyPookey1248
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 1:40 AM
When I was a child we had cps called on us. I know a few people who have them called on them including my step sister and my sister.

They have not been called on me, I hope to keep it that way.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LucyHarper
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Social services used to check up on us sometimes, not because we had done anything wrong or someone had made a complaint, but my elder son is my stepson whom I adopted, my husband had just gotten full custody of him when we met, he lived with his biological mother beforehand and she was very neglectful, so they did checkups just to make sure he was progressing and that everything was okay in the home. We had one run in with CPS, my husband suffers from chronic pain from skin graphs he got a few years ago because of third degree burns, so he has to take a pain medication some days. He was switched onto a new medication, which he reacted poorly too, and he accidently took one pill too many, right before we went to a dinner for my college and he acted strangely at the dinner. We live in a small town, word spreads, and my sons biological mothers boyfriend (they live in the same town) called CPS and told them my husband was a crackhead. Meth houses are a big problem in our town, so they take things like that very seriously. We had to do some drug tests, get some people at the dinner to tell them what really happened, have his doctor speak to them, and have some random house visits and searches, they saw that there was absolutely nothing bad going on and left us alone.

Danapopcorn
by AbbyCat on Dec. 1, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Not on me, but when I was a child CPS was constantly in our lives. My brothers and I had our own case workers who came and saw us at school, made random house visits, bought us christmas presents,etc.

thePBandJmom
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 1:48 AM

My sister's neighbor called on her once. She had some guys delivering a couch and she was telling her 2 year old to get out of the way while they were carrying it and she and Daddy started teasing him that they were going to tie him up to keep him out of the way. The neighbor called cps and told them she was tying her kids and and beating and starving them.

loving_my2boys
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 7:20 AM
I honestly have no idea. I know it was important for mine to go bc they were preemies but some state laws are different.

Quoting Anonymous:

I haven't taken my 2½ year old to a doctors appointment since he was a few months old. Is that a crime?

Quoting loving_my2boys:

Yes, twice. Once by an anonymous caller saying I hadnt take my child to any doctors appointments since they were born (they were 3 months old) and that I was smoking pot around my kids and their clothes reeked of it. I was drung tested, came out clean, and gave them the medical record from their doctor. Second time my mom kicked me out and kept my kids then called and accused me of doing drugs and neglecting them. Both times the cases were dropped immediately.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krayzbabylove
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 7:22 AM
Yes, my MIL and I called on her cousin, her three teenaged daughters are now safe, livinf with MIL, she will be adopting them soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Liz.Sisk
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 7:29 AM
No. My half sister was telling people she was going to call on me and say I was doing drugs so they would be there WHEN I had the baby. Just to do it. She was also 'preparing' her house to house my daughter. Because apparently I'm too immature to take care of a child and have no business doing so. This coming from a person who only cared about having sex with random people, and being a 'biker'. She's also married to a man 30 years older than her who got in major trouble for beating two special needs children they had fostered years ago for extra money.
Ironically enough, she's had CPS called in her quite a few times for starving her son. Who was breastfed the first 4 months but since she only did it 6 times a day they forced her to feed him baby purees. They'd also been called on because her house was not heated, her dogs had fleas that were practically eating her son alive, and probably also because she refuses to spend time with him. From the time he wakes up he goes to the living room into the floor, to his play pen, back to his crib, and back to his playpen or in an area closed off by baby gates. She refuses to hold him and has spanked him since he was 8 months old. I don't know how she didn't get him taken away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armywife009
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 7:38 AM

I've called on a cousin before. And I've had them called on my mom before, which led to my adoption at 16.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)