Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Have you ever had CPS called on you or someone you know?

Posted by   + Show Post

The CPS worker post got me wondering.   Has anyone ever had CPS called on them or known a personal close friend of family member that has.  What happened.

I haven't.   I have never known anyone who has, but I have called. 

by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:20 PM
Replies (31-40):
kngarber
by Katie on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:34 PM

I am sorry, what??  They came out on a complaint you were making your child clean up after himself...did I read that correctly???

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes. My ex got charged with assault from hitting our son.
The charges were dropped and he took me back to court for access rights. The judge was taking my side on the access issue so to get back at me he called CPS.
The complaints? One time DS ran up the rode (he lived across the street) and I was pregnant so my best friend chased after him, he said we just let him do it (bullshit, I had witnesses that defended me). The other complaint? I made DS clean up his own toys.
The worker came once, stayed for 15 minutes and never returned.
After that he tried using the call against me in court. Can you imagine how stupid he appeared when we signed release forms and it came back that he called?

purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:35 PM
They were and still are separated. I told my brother and he said he knew and told his ex gf. She didn't react. I called though as soon as my nephew told me that since I knew he was not getting help.

Quoting kngarber:

Did you talk to his parents first and they didn't react?

Quoting purpleducky:

They have not been called on me *knock on wood*. I have called them though when my nephew said he was suicidal.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:35 PM
Yeah. I caught him climbing up to do it again 2 days later. I swear he has NO fear.

Quoting sarahsmommy508:

crazy kids!

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes. By my neighbor. She saw my 4 year old with a black eye and scut knee. Swore he was being abused.

When really I walked on him jumping off

His dressar and "Flying" to his bed.

Which was a bunk bed.

He smacked his face. Got a bloody nose and scrapes/bruise knee.

Sparkyfire
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:35 PM
Yes, my children's first nurse was required to call when my ex husband left because my ds saw his dad shove me. I'm thankful she did, my worker fought to keep my ds away from his dad, threatened to have his rights removed for shutting off the water at the house, and got me the nessisary counseling I needed after the head trama and domestic abuse.

She was cool, she even came to my new apartment after our move in date to see how I was doing and make sure we were ok.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Yes. A former landlord used CPS to get us our of her apartment. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Quoting kngarber:

What is not clean?  Are we talking about clutter and dust or mold and roaches? 

Quoting Anonymous:

yes because my house never seems to be clean enough despite the fact my daughter is clean, safe, loved and in clean clothes and fed regularly

no roaches  seriously the last time they wanted to take my then 2 yr old i had breakfast dishes on the counter andi missed a peice of macaroni when i vaccumed under the table and before some idiot can tell me bull im really NOT lying

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes. A former landlord used CPS to get us our of her apartment. 

it was our landlord that kept reporting us

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:37 PM
The school called cps on my sister one time. Her step son was failing his classes because he refused tk study and wouldn't do his homework, he was about seven. So one day she was trying to get him to do his homework and he was goofing off and not paying attention. So she said if he failed his test she was gonna show up at his class in her undies and dance. Well he failed the test and started crying and told his teacher what she said, so she called cps. Nothing came out of it.
kngarber
by Katie on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:37 PM

I know I shouldn't be suprised, but I am always shocked when I hear about things like this.  What a shitty thing to do when you all were probably already stressed out enough about your DH trying to look for work.  If I honestly thought someone couldn't feed their kids I would talk to them and ask them if they were having a problem and then help them find resources.  I would never call CPS unless they were just refusing to feed their children. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes. a very spiteful two faced bitch called and said we weren't feeding our kids a few months ago when dh lost his job. mind you we were on emergency fs till he found new work and had a fridge full of food. case was closed a week later. Ppl like her are the reason why I make no effort to get to know anyone. people are shady as hell

Mrs.Miller11
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Yes, by my now ex husband. He lied and made up a bunch of shit. All of his claims were completely false and they pretty much told him to back off and stop being vengeful

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)