Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Have you ever had CPS called on you or someone you know?

Posted by   + Show Post

The CPS worker post got me wondering.   Has anyone ever had CPS called on them or known a personal close friend of family member that has.  What happened.

I haven't.   I have never known anyone who has, but I have called. 

by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:20 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:38 PM
Yes, and him running down the road alone.
The worker said the making him clean his own mess was one of the stupidest report they have ever gotten.

Quoting kngarber:

I am sorry, what??  They came out on a complaint you were making your child clean up after himself...did I read that correctly???

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes. My ex got charged with assault from hitting our son.
The charges were dropped and he took me back to court for access rights. The judge was taking my side on the access issue so to get back at me he called CPS.
The complaints? One time DS ran up the rode (he lived across the street) and I was pregnant so my best friend chased after him, he said we just let him do it (bullshit, I had witnesses that defended me). The other complaint? I made DS clean up his own toys.
The worker came once, stayed for 15 minutes and never returned.
After that he tried using the call against me in court. Can you imagine how stupid he appeared when we signed release forms and it came back that he called?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:39 PM

absoultely not...I'm not white trash.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:40 PM
No but I want to call on my bestie. I love her dearly, but since she has remarried I do not like the way she is with her children. Her husband will drive with the kids in the car, after drinking a case of beer. She would have never put up with something like this in the past.
kngarber
by Katie on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Oh no :(  Things like that scare me.  My girls are just like me and super clumbsy.  Not to mention just down right rotten to each other. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes. By my neighbor. She saw my 4 year old with a black eye and scut knee. Swore he was being abused.

When really I walked on him jumping off
His dressar and "Flying" to his bed.
Which was a bunk bed.

He smacked his face. Got a bloody nose and scrapes/bruise knee.

sarahsmommy508
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:41 PM
thats boys for you!

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah. I caught him climbing up to do it again 2 days later. I swear he has NO fear.

Quoting sarahsmommy508:

crazy kids!

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes. By my neighbor. She saw my 4 year old with a black eye and scut knee. Swore he was being abused.

When really I walked on him jumping off

His dressar and "Flying" to his bed.

Which was a bunk bed.

He smacked his face. Got a bloody nose and scrapes/bruise knee.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mhaney03
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:41 PM

I had the military version of CPS called on us when we lived in Germany by this bitch of a German civilian wife.

she called every chance she could on the american wives.  I wasn't the only one.  But because of her husband's rank nobody every did her anything.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:42 PM

All of my kids were taken from their biological parents (they signed away rights and didn't have them terminated) one of my kids was continually locked out of their house at the age of 3.  The other were neglected.  All my kids bio parents had multiple chances to get them back and chose not to get their act together.  The kids suffered because of how long the process took.  I have never had them called on me but they are here all the time for visits with the kids we are adopting. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:43 PM
I couldn't imagine calling unless it was something harmful as well. and what gets me is she pretended to be a concerned friend and said she would be a witness for me. when she suddenly refused to talk to the worker and stopped taking my calls, I put two and two together. it was stressful cause I was also 9 months pregnant and stressed over my baby having iugr issues. smh I hope karma gives her a beating

Quoting kngarber:

I know I shouldn't be suprised, but I am always shocked when I hear about things like this.  What a shitty thing to do when you all were probably already stressed out enough about your DH trying to look for work.  If I honestly thought someone couldn't feed their kids I would talk to them and ask them if they were having a problem and then help them find resources.  I would never call CPS unless they were just refusing to feed their children. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes. a very spiteful two faced bitch called and said we weren't feeding our kids a few months ago when dh lost his job. mind you we were on emergency fs till he found new work and had a fridge full of food. case was closed a week later. Ppl like her are the reason why I make no effort to get to know anyone. people are shady as hell

kngarber
by Katie on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Oh, okay.  I probably would hav too. 

Quoting purpleducky:

They were and still are separated. I told my brother and he said he knew and told his ex gf. She didn't react. I called though as soon as my nephew told me that since I knew he was not getting help.

Quoting kngarber:

Did you talk to his parents first and they didn't react?

Quoting purpleducky:

They have not been called on me *knock on wood*. I have called them though when my nephew said he was suicidal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:44 PM
Never on me for my child.

Growing up, we had CPS called on us a couple times. The first time was because my dad hit my sister and gave her a black and blue eye. When they asked her about it at school, she told the truth. We didn't get taken though.

They also were called because my nonverbal brother was getting all these mystery bruises. My parents are the ones that brought it up to the school, but they called on them anyway. After an investigation, it was found that he was getting beaten on the bus by another special needs student. No one on the bus stopped it. My dad never hit him though.

My DH and his siblings were all taken by CPS at some point. So were his neices and nephews that his sisters had when they were teens.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)