Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think it is sad

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

I was at work today and we were talking about what we are getting our kids for Christamas and this one girls said that he kids are not getting anything, they know they will get their stuff when income taxes come in. I understand that most of us don't have a lot of money but i still think it is sad. Anyone else doing this?

To me it would make more sense instead of doing that, put that money back for Christmas. I have a friend every year she will get a loan from someone she knows to get Christmas and will pay it back with income taxes.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
clearlyme
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:51 PM
Or put the income tax money in a Christmas fund. I think that's a silly way to do things, but different strokes...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ihave1
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:54 PM

MY FRIEND IS ONLY GETTING HER THREE KIDS 4 THINGS EACH.  SHE CANT AFFORD ANTHING MORE.  WE DONT DO CHRISTMAS.

demonica29
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Get Christmas?  WTF does get Christmas mean?  Where I come from Christ,as comes every year on December 25, whether I care or not. How exactly does one get Christmas?

macysmom
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:55 PM
My friend has a 7 and 2 y/o and she straight up tells them there is no Santa. So she says she won't get them anything on Christmas but will wait until Jan paycheck so she can buy them more expensive things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:57 PM

what!!!!

Quoting demonica29:

Get Christmas?  WTF does get Christmas mean?  Where I come from Christ,as comes every year on December 25, whether I care or not. How exactly does one get Christmas?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:58 PM

my kids don't believe in santa anymore either. But my daughter is 13 and my son is 9.

Quoting macysmom:

My friend has a 7 and 2 y/o and she straight up tells them there is no Santa. So she says she won't get them anything on Christmas but will wait until Jan paycheck so she can buy them more expensive things.

demonica29
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:03 PM

You said your friend gets a loan so she can get Christmas. WTF does it mean to get christmas?  It is a date on the calendar.  Is that such a difficult question to understand?

Quoting Anonymous:

what!!!!

Quoting demonica29:

anon1986East
by Kali on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:05 PM

I understand money can be tight and sometimes unexpected financial situations arise but I don't understand people who do nothing to prepare for the holidays. My folks were young when they started having kids and hadn't yet started making much money in their careers, I still remember when money was scarce in our house growing up but my folks always made Christmas and birthdays special because they'd always put at least a few bucks a week in savings specifically for gift giving occasions. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:06 PM

WTF is your fucking problem. I guess for dumbasses i have to spell it out.  A LOAN TO GET CHRISTMAS GIFT, THAT IS WHAT THE FUCK IT MEAN .

this is not a drama post if you want to cause drama get the fuck out of my post.

Quoting demonica29:

You said your friend gets a loan so she can get Christmas. WTF does it mean to get christmas?  It is a date on the calendar.  Is that such a difficult question to understand?

Quoting Anonymous:

what!!!!

Quoting demonica29:

sunshinebebe26
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:09 PM

That is just sad :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN