Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Serving Junk/Stale food at Daycare

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies

My dd informed me tonite that at the daycare she just got a job at, the snack the other day was Bugles, with a limit of 6 per child, and no more....she also said they often get stale cookies for snacks as well...at lunch, tho, they can eat as much hot dogs/beans as they want......pretty sure Bugles are not a gov subsidized food item for daycares.  She pretty  horrified at the food they serve, since she grew up with whole organic foods, and had little junk...even as an adult now, she won't eat the junk.  

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KeimUNCmomof3
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:51 PM

That is terrible.  Maybe she should report the daycare and start looking for a new job.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:52 PM

report them to who?  and it took her two months to find this job...they are scarce

Quoting KeimUNCmomof3:

That is terrible.  Maybe she should report the daycare and start looking for a new job.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:52 PM
Actually those are ok for daycare food. Pretty much anything is. There are proper serving sizes and 6 bugles for a small child would probably be ok.
MommyFlood
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:53 PM
That's awful. What kind of day care is it? Is it in someone's home or subsidized by government funding, or private?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:54 PM

it's a snall daycare that someone runs in what used to be their home, but all the rooms are now used for daycare...it does get gov food subsidies

Quoting MommyFlood:

That's awful. What kind of day care is it? Is it in someone's home or subsidized by government funding, or private?

KeimUNCmomof3
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:54 PM

the local daycare licensing office?! you can ask questions about what food they're supposed to serve?  do they have their food handler's card?  

girlywifey
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:55 PM

There are agencies that oversee the daycare and take care of complaints. She can call them and let them know what is going on and they will investigate. She does not have to give her name so her job would not be in jeopardy.

msjaxon
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:55 PM
Sounds normal, the portion size.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Your daughter isn't gonna make it in daycares if that offends her.

sunshinebebe26
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this

So happy my children will never have to step foot in a daycare, and mine would NEVER go to an in home daycare EVER!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)