Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i guess as u get older u find out who your real friends are.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

so ive been freinds with this girl since we were 2 years old. were both 28 now. ill admit weve never had much in common and we usually hung with differnt crowds. as we got older sometimes we would go a month or so without even talking but whenever we got together it was just like it always was growing up. about 5 years ago i got married. even though there were other friends i would rather have had as my maid of honor i chose her because we had talked about it since we were toddlers- how we would be eahc others. she made my wedding difficult to say the least- she bitched about some problems she was having with the current douchbag she was dating pretty much the whole time we were getting ready for my wedding. she treated the best man like shit the entire time. and it was only the 4 of us because we had a destination wedding on the beach so it was small. anyways i let it all go and kept going because shes still been my freind for ever right? so time goes on, i have kids- shes like an aunt to them, she visits a few times a year, always brings them gifts on holidays and whatnot. well about 3 years ago she started dating a friend of my dhs so we were hanging out even more. they ended up getting pregnant together- long story short she chose to leave him and move across the country taking the baby with her. i didnt agree with her choice- the father is a good man and wanted to be a part of the babies life but he couldt move because hes got 2 other kids where he lives now. she totally cut him off- no contact with the baby whatsoever. again- did i get in the middle of it? no the only time i even said anything was when she asked what i thought and i nicely and respectfully told her i didnt agree but that it wasnt my bussiness and id support whatever she decided. once she had the baby we started talking less and less. she met a guy that she seemed really happy with and then she just totally cut me out. one day im suddenly not her friend on facebook (or her moms or sisters that ive known my whole life!) and she changes her phone number.....totally random- have no idea why. only thing i can figure out is that she had told me she was going to marry this guy and have him adopt the child without even telling the BF. (fucked up yeah id say and she can do it too because she woudlnt put his name on the birth certificate) but again- not really my place to get involved so i stayed out of it. anyways- so i found out today that she got married about a week ago. i just happen to hear it through the grapevine. i just cant believe after 26 years of freindship this is how i find out she got married???? i have no idea what i did or didnt do but i guess as u get older u see who your true freinds are.....:(---- ok vent over. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:05 AM

my supposed best friend only texted me when I told her that I had miscarried rather than actually calling me or coming over for that matter.  I kicked her to the curb!  My other alleged best friend, who I flew with to her destination bachelorette party, paid for extra time for the limo and also gave a $400 wedding cash too didnt even copgratulate me when I got engaged much less send a Thank You card for the $400!!  Kicked her butt to the curb as well!  Yeah I am sick of always being there for people and they never being there for me!

bullemhead
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:13 AM

It's weird because it's as if I'm reading my own "friend" story minus the new baby. Mine just disappeared and cut everyone in her life including me off. Still don't know where she ended up with the new hubby.

Kenna1212
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:18 AM

sorry to hear that.....but yes as u get older u do find out who ur true friends are....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN