Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Shes only f***ing 3!

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:42 PM
  • 40 Replies

So I normally will allow my 3 year old to take a shower with me, but today she told my mom that she gets to take showers with me and my mom flipped. She said its not "appropriate" for me to allow a 3 year old to see my "private" parts. Then to make matters worse my dd says "nana i know where babies come from ... out of mommys gina (her way of saying vagina). Then my mom just kept going on and on. My dd sees my boobs daily because i feed my 6mo. so i see nothing wrong with my dd knowing how a female body works. Plus my dd has the same parts as me so whats the big deal?

Breastfeeding, cloth diapering, natural feeding, baby-wearing, co-sleeping, catholic momma of 2 wonderful girls

by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:43 PM
I shower with my 3 year old son.... I don't see the problem
cklamour
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:44 PM
2 moms liked this
Not a damn thing. Your mom is just from another time that these things were never discussed until ones wedding night.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kzuehlk
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:44 PM
Your mom needs to butt out. My DS will be 3 in December and we bathe together daily. I don't plan on stopping until he starts asking "hey mommy, what's that?"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Irenesmommy
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:44 PM

your mom would hate me, dd is 5, showers with me, knows where babies come from (my tummy and my c section scar) asks when she will get boobs, and wonders if it's okay if she never has a baby.

MommyLehr
by Veronica on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:44 PM
I sometimes shower with my 4 year old and 2 year old. I don't really see the issue.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
southern.momof2
by Pirate on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:44 PM
I don't see a problem. My 5 yr old DD still showers with me on occasion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TattoodMommy19
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:44 PM
1 mom liked this
No big deal.

Just an older generation woman reacting with mandatory taught shame of their body.

Don't let her spread the shame though. Your daughter should know how her body works and see how to nourish a baby. These are invaluable life lessons for her.
And my 5 year old still showers with me sometimes. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TSNDDY
by Emerald Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:45 PM
My 4 year old still sees me naked on occasion. I don't bathe with her anymore but I don't see the big deal. O and she see's my boobs cause I am nursing and she sees her baby brother run around naked when he rips of his diaper..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
theosgirl45
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:45 PM

I don't see the problem either.  Your a girl, shes a girl no big deal.  I guess some people are just more uptight than others.  My DD comes in the bathroom while I am in there or into my room when I am changing, it doesn't bother me or my husband.

brittany208
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Not a big deal. My 3yo boy sees me naked when I am changing. We don't take showers/baths together, but I dont think its wrong.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN