Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You suck as a parent if you sign parental consent for a minor to marry.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Minor, meaning 17 and under

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:10 PM
Replies (11-20):
Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:18 PM
Here under 21 your parents still have to sign :P
wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:20 PM

As a person who married for the first time when I was 10 days past my 17th birthday (and not pregnant); I agree with you.

I have no idea what the hell my mother was thinking....I wanted to get out of the house and be on my own. 

After my mom passed away, I foudn a letter she had wrote to my dad saying she was going to let me get married so they could have some time to themselves and she was tired of raising kids...

That marriage lasted a whole 9 months (no kids thankfully).

I think signing for that marriage was my mother's biggest parenting fail

reaandiziesmama
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:23 PM

I will be sure to tell my mom that then. Since it was wither that or let me have a baby our of wedlock. And NO it was NOT her fault I got pregnant. I ran away at 16 TO get pregnant because I thought my life was sooooooooo horrible at home. You know since I had rules, and chores, and a cerfew. Yea I was just a bad kid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:24 PM
I really don't think anyone should be getting married before they are 22, honestly..
my123sons
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:25 PM
Well, in Mississippi my parents had to sign for me and I was 20. We've been married 17 years, so I don't think they suck.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:25 PM
Yes please do tell your mother that.

I'm also sick of parents obligating marriage because of a pregnancy.
Marriage doesn't make teen pregnancy okay. You do not have to marry someone because they get you pregnant. That is such a ridiculous concept.

Quoting reaandiziesmama:

I will be sure to tell my mom that then. Since it was wither that or let me have a baby our of wedlock. And NO it was NOT her fault I got pregnant. I ran away at 16 TO get pregnant because I thought my life was sooooooooo horrible at home. You know since I had rules, and chores, and a cerfew. Yea I was just a bad kid.

Luna091306
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Well if a minor is pregnant many parents feel it is best and actually force the marriage...

I wouldn't.

melisawoosley
1 mom liked this
I was 16 when they signed 17 when i got married and we've been married for nearly 8 years. Sorry your marriage sucks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CjEmmemommy

Yep

Phoebe-81
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:27 PM
This, but I was 17. (We've been married 14 years, and together for 18.)

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol. My parents signed for me to get married at 16 and they don't suck as parents.

P.s. I'm still married to the same man 17 years later.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)