Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Getting worried.. Help! Update:

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My period is 3 weeks late.

Last month it was 1 1/2 weeks late then I only. Bled for
3 days.

At first I wasn't worries about being pregnant.

I have been peeing more but I figure that's because I've been drinking or of water lately.

I've been nauseous occasionally, but it's that time of year and everyone is sick.

I've been tired a lot but I have a 7 month old and I school so I that's normal for
Me.

But I've started to get this weird feeling in my stomach.

It's kind of like a cross between really nervous butterfly type feeling, and nausea, and is border lining on pain.
And I keep
Getting a weird feeling like somwthing is moving or pushing on my stomach.

But I've gotten 3 negative HPTs and I can't get to my Obgyn for a couple weeks.

I know there isn't much anyone here can help me with since I can't see a doctor but has anyone expire fed anything like this before?

Added: I wasnt worried until I started to get the weird feeling. It just came out if no where 2 days ago. It's the same feeling I had with DD, only with her u dismissed is as nerves, I chalked my wonky periods up to nerves to. Then found out I was 9 , almost 10, weeks pregnant. And found out I was a type one diabetic that same week.

Update: still no period =\ I was suppose to the my doctor but he had to leave my appointment was cancelled
And rescheduled for the 18th =\
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:49 PM
Replies (11-20):
RissyLee
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:59 AM
3 moms liked this
I had those flutters and moving for about a year after I had my son. Phantom kicks, I think they're called. Idk about your period, though. And I get nauseous over lots of things..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Bryant1201
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:41 AM

I went through the same thing. Since your body has had a baby you are more in touch with your body. (What my gyn-o told me when i went in for a blood test.) I had a TON of pregnancy test scares but all negative.

outstandingLove
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:50 AM

My sister didn't get a positive test when she was pregnant with her 2nd. She didn't find out until she was 5 months along and insisted the doctors give her a blood test.

IansMommy2012
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 6:22 AM

could be stress . i mean you say you have a 7month old and your going to school. and like you said tis the season to get sick!! I was having all the same symptoms along with gas and heartburn. took a HPT and it was a BFN and then two days later my period showed up. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 23, 2012 at 6:32 AM

tbh  with both my girls , for some reason i didnt test positive on hpt or on the blood draw pregnancy test  until i was 2  months almost 2.5 months! i also had 1 period in the begining while pregnant so i wasnt "late" until my 2nd period was a no show. after i tested positve and slipped in asap for appointment, i did ask for the quick little u/s they had in exam room. dr tried to blow it off  and saying oh they never change due dates its always 1st day of last period blah blah blah.but when he took a peek at the girls  he was like whoa, yeah we definatly have to change your due date!

but also in the past before my girls i wouldnt test positive for 2 months, sadly will all those i misscarried  days after finding out for sure i was pregnant. it is possible to have a period while pregnant. but also if you are breastfeeding you baby  your cycle might be wonky from that. there is also the occurance of whats called phantom movements, it cant be explained by science they dont know what it happens at times when a woman isnt pregnant, but also at times when a stillbirth has happened and its impossible for baby to have been moving then. we had a still birth at 38 weeks  ;less than 2 months ago, and yes i had phantom movement feelings before u/s showed no heartbeat. cant be explained, even dh swore up and down he felt her move. (we had midwife and were planning to home birth, only did u/s then to check where placenta was  as it was gonna be my 2nd vbac. it was after then an induced 2nd vbac stillbirth that it was clear she died to to a rare birth defect, a nerological one, fluid in skull where parts of brain would have been, it was most sever type, the one that causes cyclops if there is survival. she aparently only had a 3% chance of makiing it to birth to begin with as most are lost in 1st trimester, if she did make it   for her type life expectancy is only 6 months and thats with life support. we are glad we didnt know about the defect until after, we at least got most of that pregnancy unaware and had all those sweet special momments with her unburdened with the knowlege of something so worng. it would hav been seen in u/s as early as 8 weeks and drs would have only urged us to terminate. its something that horrible. now its a mess of genetic testing, mine came back normal  now waiting on dh's to see if he has a defective chromosone or issue with translocation. if his tests come back normal then it was tottaly random happening when her chromosones split and  went where they  should go only her 7&11 got mixed up, lost and went to same place, so she had too much genetic material in one area and not enough in another. she was tiny and stopped growing at   about 24 weeks yet they were amazed that her heart kept beating and she hung on so long. we got assigned to  a geneticist who happens to be one of the top in the country and this is the 1st case of this severity type hes ever gotten to see  that its that rare  they make it so far, he said  some wityh her type are conceived then lost by the time mom is due for period so  alot dont even know they were pregnant in 1st place because it just wasnt viable to contine. emma faught like hell to last so long. but   a still birth i now feel is even far more deavastating that an early 1st trimester loss. when you are so close to your due date its so hard to take down a crib for  a baby you expected to fill it only 2 weeks later passes.

Katiecabooble
by Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I dealt w/ this exact same thing a month and a half ago and I had the symptoms for almost 6 weeks.  It was MISERABLE!  I kept waiting a week, pee on a stick wait a week, pee on a stick.  My daughter is almost 2 so I'm well past PP, so that wasn't a reason.  I got into the OB/GYN fairly quickly b/c I was 5 weeks-6 weeks late and they did a blood test.  My blood test was negative and they ran a full panel of blood work and found nothing out of the ordinary, so the called it "a hormonal shift", put me on progesterone and said take this until it's gone and you should start your period in about a week after that.  They were dead on, I started about 5 days after I completed the medication and I'm feel a TON better now.  I actually had a small period 2 weeks after the initial one, more like spotting for 3-5 days. 

First off, if you still feel funky, eat, drink and exercise as if you were pregnant.  Take care of yourself until you get a blood test, that way if it is positive you have been taking the best care of you and baby possible.

Also, if you child is 7 months old, you may not be done w/ PP hormones.  Are you breast feeding?  Your period may not be regular for up to a year or more after a child.  Just keep that in mind, but getting the blood test is the way to go. 

CLEKate
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 8:48 AM

What do you think a fluttering in your belly is? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:00 AM
I don't really know. It's the same feeling I had when I was pregnant. I dismissed it as nerves and then found out I was 9 weeks pregnant.

Quoting CLEKate:

What do you think a fluttering in your belly is? 

TheMrs407
by Emerald Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:02 AM

It's too early for flutters, even if it's your 15th kid...that sounds like gas or phantom kicks (very common).  Since you can't get into the doctor, act like you are pregnant (not alcohol, smoking, caffeine, etc.), wait a week and test again.

MamatoKy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:04 AM

samt thing is happening to my sister - only her period is 2 months late - shes sick (like she was the first time) She keeps getting negative tests - i told her to wait and test in a week or two -

You are probably not pregnant (just like I told her)

You are stressing yourself out because you "think" you might be pregnant and because you are stressing yourself out - your period is late and your body is playing tricks on you! Test in about 2 or 3 weeks - dont stress about it and see what happens then.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN