Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For all the girls who are not a size 0

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:59 PM
  • 48 Replies
11 moms liked this

This is not bashing skinny women.  Please remember that we live in a society that praises women who stay extremely thin and call women who are of normal BMI or a bit larger "fat" or tell them they need to diet and fit a certain size.  I can say that I am a woman's size 6 and am about 135 lbs or so at 5'4".  I do not like my body all the time but I am coming to terms with it being mine.  

So remember ladies, some men like women a bit more curvy than that runway model or skinny actress in a magazine.  Most men like women of all sizes.

by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4noodles4me
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:02 PM
I'm a size 1 or size 2 depending on the clothes. I am 5'1 and 112 lbs. I did eat four plates and half a pie by myself today. I just can't gain weight no matter what I do. I should point out I have Graves
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Grumpylilpixy
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:03 PM
Lmao
ecerka
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm a big girl and my husband thinks I'm beautiful. I love my self enough to except my flaws and rejoice my curves .
AmberRose1122
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:04 PM
My husband likes thick girls ;) and doesn't like the idea of me wanting to lose weight.
blues_pagan
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:04 PM

That is why I put the disclaimer at the bottom.  

I realize that there are many different reasons for all the different sizes and I bet being as small as you are is not always easy.  But if you look around at models, magazines and such they fit the "skinnny" figure more so than the average figure in today's world.  That is why I had to put up this little bit of humor with a good message.

Hope you enjoyed those 4 plates, I can't even eat that much.

Quoting 4noodles4me:

I'm a size 1 or size 2 depending on the clothes. I am 5'1 and 112 lbs. I did eat four plates and half a pie by myself today. I just can't gain weight no matter what I do. I should point out I have Graves

Lolaunscripted
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:04 PM
I have the same build pretty much as OP...only I'm 5'6" so I'm a bit taller and I'm not always happy either with my body.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cassie2115
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this

"I like my women like I like my chicken with a little bit of fat on the ends...Not too much and not too little just enough to make me grin. When I see a little woman walking down the stree, she ain't my type I need a little more meat, she's skinny ohhhh but not my cup of tea."

~Rodney Carrington

Sorry, this is the first thing I thought of reading this post :)

mkh615
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:06 PM

I think any healthy body, no matter the size, is beautiful :)

Lilypie Maternity tickers

blues_pagan
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Thankfully DH let's me know that he still thinks I am beautiful in his eyes.  Though I do worry.  I was 115 lbs before I had DD.  I just have been depressed, stressed and dealing with some other issues which hasn't helped the weight issue at all.

Cassie2115
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:06 PM

I am 5'2 and about 150lbs. I'd *like* to be in the 120-130 range, but have been having a really hard time getting there. Jean size is 11/13 depending on the brand. Just wish I could get rid of the pouch I have after having 2 kiddos via csection.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)