Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I swear, I will not be considerate of my neighbors below me anymore

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
We live in a nice apartment. Always quiet. Unless you saw them you wouldnt even know there were neighbors. Dont even hear a bump on the wall from the people beside us.

Our neighbors under us moved out. Some new moved in. For the past week at about 10pm they start blaring music. You can hear it through the floor. Floor shakes and walls. So from now on when my kids start running or jumping inside I'm not going to remind them of the people under us and have them stop. I'm just going to let them enjoy themselves. Oh and over the weekend there were beer cans on the ground behind the bushes. We moved here because it was nice. They are messing it up.

I don't want to be the hated neighbor by calling the office, so they can just deal with my kids.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:51 PM
Before you just let them deal with your kids, I'd talk to the other neighbors or just call the office. Would suck if the neighbors you got along with before start making noise complaints and you end up bring the one in trouble.
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:51 PM
I would call the office personally.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skittlebeans88
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:53 PM
Tell them about the beer cans. It looks trashy and they could end up blaming you for the trash and you'd get in trouble
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:53 PM
Live in apartment you deal with all that and sometimes more. And frankly, I wouldn't have stopped my kids from acting normal from the get go, because I pay to live there to. The loud music problem can be solved by complaining to the landlord. If that don't work, call the police.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:55 PM

I understand the feeling.  We had a beautiful neightborhood, nice and quiet... until "they" moved in.  Parties EVERY night of the week, domestic disputes, beer can, huge fires, trash... *sigh*

They're moving out soon, got tired of having the cops called on them.  Oh well. 

My personal revenge - every time they'd crank up "Jagged Edge", I'd turn on Hank Williams and George Strait... my system is louder :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:56 PM

I would call the office first and if it continues at that hour then you should call the police.  We had neighbors under us that would shake our floors and walls in our previous apartment.  Talking to them didn't work as they couldn't speak English very well and the office refused to do anything.  It got so bad that we had to move.

SiempreSola
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:02 AM

I hated living in apartments! I would always request the downstairs one because I didn't want my kids to bother anyone if we lived in the upstairs apartment. One time we actually had to rent the upstairs apartment because no downstairs ones were available and from day one of living there we all hated it because if we made one small noise like getting up off the couch to walk to the bathroom someone would bang on the ceiling and scream at us to keep it down. But these same neighbors would blast their music for about 2 hours a day everyday. It turned out that the downstairs neighbors were mad that we got the apartment instead of her best friend so she was trying to get us to move out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I feel your pain.

I have super loud neighbors above me so when this came across my facebook I knew I had to type it up in Word and stick it on their mailbox: 

The guy came down and said "Hi I'm Peter Parker."  And asked about the note.  I told him that for 3 months all I hear in the afternoon is loud thuds and banging around and it's just getting louder and that my kids take naps in the afternoon and it's so loud it's waking them up.  Then told me his roommate plays rock band during the day and is there a time that is more conveniant that he can play.  So I told him the kids nap between 1-3pm usually so he said he'd just let his roommate know that it would be nice to not play during that time so the kids don't wake up.

abbie.alder
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Call the office on them before they call the office on you. 

Tinabee88
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:07 AM

The idiots across from us spent all damn day SCREAMING at each other (boyfriend and girlfriend) about how the gf is a loudmouth and is always blasting bf's "bidnezz in da streetz."

Hubs and I were looking forward to a quiet, drama free Thanksgiving. What a wonderful surprise!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)