Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What a true blue daddy does for his daughter!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 74 Replies
56 moms liked this
my daughter was adopted by my DH when she was small. under abdonment laws, she became his legal child at 4 years old. my daughter had seen her father once or twice and remembers this. She is ADD and has been having behavior issues we've been working on.

well, thanksgiving was a day away, and DH had to run out and grab some small items we needed and forgot, when he heard quiet sobs from up stairs. e found my dd crying inti a pillow in her room. of course, he started talking to her, to find out what was wrong.

simply put, the little bit was scared. I'm getting ready for a deployment and holidays were here and she is on the cusp of womanhood, and I suppose it just hit her all of a sudden. she was worried what would happen to her, should anything happen to me. you see, she figured that her siblings would stay with daddy, because they were his, but she didn't belong to anybody but mom.

He told her, "I met you when I met your mom. I loved you from the moment I set eyes on you. I choose you, and you are my daughter. when I say I love you, you know I mean it that much more, because I picked you to be my kid. I love your mother, but I would have never married her if I didn't love you, because you deserve a dad who loves you."

my oldest has been the most wonderful and delightful young woman since. I say, a dad is not made when he creates a child, a dad is made when he loves a child so much that they mean more than their own happiness. This Thanksgiving, my family is thankful for the fate that has caused us to be a whole and complete family!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kristiansmommy1
by Amanda on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:01 AM
That is sooo sweet :')
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:03 AM
she made me cry today. said she was thankful for her daddy. life is sweetest when it seems dark, I tell you!
AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:05 AM
1 mom liked this
This gave me goosebumps. So sweet. So awesome. You are a lucky woman to have such a wonderful family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melissam21
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:05 AM
Aw thats sweet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:07 AM
Quoting AlwaysKISA:

This gave me goosebumps. So sweet. So awesome. You are a lucky woman to have such a wonderful family.

Thank you. I think so. I could have made much worse choices than I did!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this
I wanna cry now. It is late, I'm on the rag and now I just want a big bar of chocolate and Kleenex to cry into.
MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:07 AM

awwww sweet!

the4mutts
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:47 AM
Nice to see that some people still know what really matters in life :) happy Thanksgiving to your loving family
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
702girly
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Aw, that's so sweet.

We have a friend who is the most wonderful father to his fiancee's daughter. It's adorable to watch them interact.

tyheamma
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:57 AM

I have a dad like this. Even though he has a daughter biologically and is no longer married to my mom, he is every bit my dad and fills the role. I am very, very blessed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)