Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What a true blue daddy does for his daughter!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
my daughter was adopted by my DH when she was small. under abdonment laws, she became his legal child at 4 years old. my daughter had seen her father once or twice and remembers this. She is ADD and has been having behavior issues we've been working on.

well, thanksgiving was a day away, and DH had to run out and grab some small items we needed and forgot, when he heard quiet sobs from up stairs. e found my dd crying inti a pillow in her room. of course, he started talking to her, to find out what was wrong.

simply put, the little bit was scared. I'm getting ready for a deployment and holidays were here and she is on the cusp of womanhood, and I suppose it just hit her all of a sudden. she was worried what would happen to her, should anything happen to me. you see, she figured that her siblings would stay with daddy, because they were his, but she didn't belong to anybody but mom.

He told her, "I met you when I met your mom. I loved you from the moment I set eyes on you. I choose you, and you are my daughter. when I say I love you, you know I mean it that much more, because I picked you to be my kid. I love your mother, but I would have never married her if I didn't love you, because you deserve a dad who loves you."

my oldest has been the most wonderful and delightful young woman since. I say, a dad is not made when he creates a child, a dad is made when he loves a child so much that they mean more than their own happiness. This Thanksgiving, my family is thankful for the fate that has caused us to be a whole and complete family!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (71-74):
Grumpylilpixy
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Yep Proudly under my SN. You were saying?

And yes. I can be a bitch anywhere I want to be . It is my GOD given RIGHT!

Quoting SammiBaby:

Of ALL the posts in here today you seriously chose THIS one to be a complete bitch in?

Funny you're calling the anon a bitch but yet here you are....

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

I think the dense one darling is you.. I never said over HALF american children is adopted. OVER HAL:F OF AMERICAN CHILDREN GET ABANDONED BY A PARENT... 

But like I said If the OP was so proud, THE bitch wouldn't be ANON!

Quoting So_Devious20:

Are you really that dense? Just ask some of the women on this site who didn't have an awesome dad. Not every kid gets a good dad. And no.. it isn't over half of American kids. Not every kid gets adopted.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

LOL... AND so if over half American children. Did you not hear that I was adopted?  What is your point?

Quoting So_Devious20:

Clearly the op's ex ABANDONED her kid. left her. Didn't give a damn about her. Sadly, that happens all too often. A man stepped up and took his place. That doesn't happen often enough. It's heart warming to read. And something that touches everyone (whether it is different or not). I appreciate her sharing her story. My dd is in the process of being legally adopted by my DH as well and I couldn't be any more thankful for him. And I can share, because I can. No need to be a grump about EVERYTHING.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

I don't see what is sooo damn special about the post to be honest. My father is the same way.. It doesn't mean I need to come on here and tell everyone what I think A TRUE DADDY IS OR a TRUE MOMMY! Really?

Are we this fucked up in society that we think this is just something out of the ORDINARY? Really?

Quoting WhitleyLyles:

wtf

why would you say this?

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Yes, want a cookie?

I am a friend, a wife,a daughter but the best title I have by far is Mother .

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:29 PM
Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

I can go anon if I like, just like you can be grumpy if you like. so be it. hope your day gets better, doesn't sound too happy right now.
Schmoopi
by QueenOfAllThings on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:34 PM

I think that is AWESOME! I hope you come home from your deployment safely and soon.

SammiBaby
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:03 PM
People can proudly share their stories anon if they like. Just like you get to proudly be a cunt if you like.

Funny she shares her heartfelt story about an amazing man in her life and YOU get offended. Only speaks volumes about what you must be lacking in yours. Good luck with that though. Must be hard being grumpy as Fuck all the time.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Yep Proudly under my SN. You were saying?

And yes. I can be a bitch anywhere I want to be . It is my GOD given RIGHT!

Quoting SammiBaby:

Of ALL the posts in here today you seriously chose THIS one to be a complete bitch in?

Funny you're calling the anon a bitch but yet here you are....

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

I think the dense one darling is you.. I never said over HALF american children is adopted. OVER HAL:F OF AMERICAN CHILDREN GET ABANDONED BY A PARENT... 

But like I said If the OP was so proud, THE bitch wouldn't be ANON!

Quoting So_Devious20:

Are you really that dense? Just ask some of the women on this site who didn't have an awesome dad. Not every kid gets a good dad. And no.. it isn't over half of American kids. Not every kid gets adopted.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

LOL... AND so if over half American children. Did you not hear that I was adopted?  What is your point?

Quoting So_Devious20:

Clearly the op's ex ABANDONED her kid. left her. Didn't give a damn about her. Sadly, that happens all too often. A man stepped up and took his place. That doesn't happen often enough. It's heart warming to read. And something that touches everyone (whether it is different or not). I appreciate her sharing her story. My dd is in the process of being legally adopted by my DH as well and I couldn't be any more thankful for him. And I can share, because I can. No need to be a grump about EVERYTHING.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

I don't see what is sooo damn special about the post to be honest. My father is the same way.. It doesn't mean I need to come on here and tell everyone what I think A TRUE DADDY IS OR a TRUE MOMMY! Really?

Are we this fucked up in society that we think this is just something out of the ORDINARY? Really?

Quoting WhitleyLyles:

wtf

why would you say this?

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Yes, want a cookie?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)