Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

does anyone read dax locke's caringbridge blog? sad update

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
His mom just posted a new blog and her and Austin are getting a divorce. This saddens me. I've followed this blog, watched the movie, the music video ..they seemed like such a strong couple ..I know I know it happens but with everything they've been through. With how strong they were I hoped they'd beat the when a child dies the marriage ends statistic.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:13 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:24 AM
Aww :(
kymom23
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:25 AM
Awwwww it's so sad that things aren't working out with his parents. :(

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes. That's dax

Quoting kymom23:

Isn't he the one that song called One Last Christmas was about? Sung by Matthew West?

Quoting Anonymous:

Dax Locke was a little boy who died of cancer in 2009 around Christmas. The.blog his mom kept went viral and a song and movie were made about him based off what she blogged.

Quoting Mrs.Miller11:

idk who that is

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Sadly, it is not uncommon for couples who have lost a child to separate. Whether it is because of the reminder, or because people grieve differently, it's just all too common. :( 

AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:30 AM

I remember Dax. The town he's from put up their Christmas lights for him. It was really really sad.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:30 AM
I know

One of the blog posts after dax died, was about how hard marriage gets for couples who lose children and how they refuse to allow it to happen to them and how they'll always work on them.
She simply posted on fb to pray for Austin. And judging by the blog I think he may be struggling a bit. :(

Quoting kymom23:

Awwwww it's so sad that things aren't working out with his parents. :(

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes. That's dax

Quoting kymom23:

Isn't he the one that song called One Last Christmas was about? Sung by Matthew West?

Quoting Anonymous:

Dax Locke was a little boy who died of cancer in 2009 around Christmas. The.blog his mom kept went viral and a song and movie were made about him based off what she blogged.

Quoting Mrs.Miller11:

idk who that is

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:33 AM
Yea. But with the blog I felt like I got.tto know.them and now it's just like people I know are divorcing. I really hoped they'd be OK.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sadly, it is not uncommon for couples who have lost a child to separate. Whether it is because of the reminder, or because people grieve differently, it's just all too common. :( 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:36 AM
Omg I never heard of this so I go to YouTube. I'm bawling. I can't imagine!! How sad :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:43 AM

dax ryan locke was a gorgeous liitle boy. locke happens to be my sons 1st name

MommiE8983
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:45 AM
Julie is my step aunt, I was really sad to hear her and Austin decided to get a divorce. I feel terrible for her :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:58 AM
Let her know that people she doesn't even know are praying for her and her marriage.

Quoting MommiE8983:

Julie is my step aunt, I was really sad to hear her and Austin decided to get a divorce. I feel terrible for her :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)