Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

does anyone read dax locke's caringbridge blog? sad update

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
His mom just posted a new blog and her and Austin are getting a divorce. This saddens me. I've followed this blog, watched the movie, the music video ..they seemed like such a strong couple ..I know I know it happens but with everything they've been through. With how strong they were I hoped they'd beat the when a child dies the marriage ends statistic.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:13 AM
Replies (21-30):
Momof2angels88
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:50 AM
1 mom liked this
My SO and I had a baby that passed away in 1998 and my oldest son (from a different relationship) was murdered. My SO and I first got together when my son was 15 months old, so he was like his own. I noticed that after our daughter died he changed, but we stayed sttong. But after my son was killed, it about killed him and he began to pull away and also started using drugs and alcohol. We ended up breaking up this past September after he became violent after drinking. I think that the reason a lot if marriages/ relationships break up after losing a child is because a lot of men are taught that they need to be strong and not show their true feelings and because of they they hide or cover up their feelings and that turns into anger and the woman sometimes feel as if the man doesn't care any more but in reality they are hurting inside and that turns into resentment from the woman and the man, the woman because she feels that the man doesn't care anymore and the man because the woman is hurting and he knows that there is nothing he can do to help her. They begin arguing because she keeps bringing it up and he is still trying not to show his true emotions.

Everyone grieves differently but the biggest difference is between men and woman. Men don't like to be thought of as weak and woman are considered the weaker sex. The only way that you can hold onto a relationship after going through something like that is through therapy or talking about the pain and your feelings of what happened but men don't like to discuss their feelings (again a sign of weekness).

I'm sad that they were not able to make it work, losing a child takes its toll on everyone! You're not suppose to bury your child, its suppose to be the other way around.
MommiE8983
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:08 AM
I will. She really likes knowing there's people out there that still think of her and remember Dax's story. I still can't believe that all even happened. It almost seems like a bad dream when I look back on it now. It was heart wrenching watching the family go through that. My dad is married to her oldest sister so Dax was actually at their weddings one of the few times he was back home during his treatment. Julie swam in my pool when he was growing in her belly and then he was in our pool the summer he was born. Oi sorry I'm rambling, I don't really think about it too often but when I do I'm flooded with emotion.
Quoting Anonymous:

Let her know that people she doesn't even know are praying for her and her marriage.

Quoting MommiE8983:

Julie is my step aunt, I was really sad to hear her and Austin decided to get a divorce. I feel terrible for her :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmomma8230
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:20 PM

how   do  you  read her  blog

cjsix
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:29 PM

I am truely sorry for the loss of Dax. He seemed like a really sweet little boy. Please pass on to Julie and Austin that many are praying for them as they go through this difficult time and hoping they are able to work things out. Hugs Momma!

Quoting MommiE8983:

I will. She really likes knowing there's people out there that still think of her and remember Dax's story. I still can't believe that all even happened. It almost seems like a bad dream when I look back on it now. It was heart wrenching watching the family go through that. My dad is married to her oldest sister so Dax was actually at their weddings one of the few times he was back home during his treatment. Julie swam in my pool when he was growing in her belly and then he was in our pool the summer he was born. Oi sorry I'm rambling, I don't really think about it too often but when I do I'm flooded with emotion.
Quoting Anonymous:

Let her know that people she doesn't even know are praying for her and her marriage.

Quoting MommiE8983:

Julie is my step aunt, I was really sad to hear her and Austin decided to get a divorce. I feel terrible for her :(

MommiE8983
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:45 PM
Awww thank you I will :)

Quoting cjsix:

I am truely sorry for the loss of Dax. He seemed like a really sweet little boy. Please pass on to Julie and Austin that many are praying for them as they go through this difficult time and hoping they are able to work things out. Hugs Momma!

Quoting MommiE8983:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MommiE8983:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:58 PM
Bump.
stargazerwolf
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:00 PM

I just watched the movie a few days ago! Havent' read the blog but it was sooo sad I was crying I can't imagine what its like to go through that. I kept thinking about how I'd die inside if one of my kids died, I just don't know how I would be able to handle it. It is very sad to hear they are divorcing :(

KayelynnsMama
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:00 PM

I just watched the movie last night and read some of the blog today. That is super sad they are getting a divorce now. I know people should never stay together for a child.. But , I don't know, seems so sad for their little girl. :(

grey7399
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:01 PM

::: heavy sigh :::  That sucks.  Their poor relatiohship has taken such a beating.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Oh man :-(,I remember hearing about Dax and seeing photos....That is sad that they are divorcing...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)