Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

They want to take my womenhood away :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 74 Replies

About 3 months ago i went to the ER with some really bad cramps and really heavy bleeding i mean  2 pads an hour heavy i thought maybe i was pregnant and was lossing the baby but i wasn't so they took me in to do an ultrasound and they saw a hole in my uterus about 3cm big and a cyst about 4.1cm long on the other side. They took the cyst out and repaired the hole the cyst was not cancer thank god BUT they beleave it will come back so i was told to think about maybe having my uterus removed.. I AM 28 AND HAVE 4 CHILDREN BUT WHAT IF I WANTED ONE MORE!!! I feel like if i do go ahead and have my uterus removed i will no longer be the women my husband loves :(

Sorry i needed to vent

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doulala
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:33 AM

HUGS!

I am so sorry.
:-(

But I don't feel that takes away your womanhood--  may be a part (big part perhaps), but you are still a woman either way.
And you can have more children via other wombs, too, if you decide...

I wish you the best!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:33 AM
6 moms liked this
*hugs* Your uterus does not define your womanhood. Best wishes.
702girly
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:33 AM
3 moms liked this

You are so much more than a uterus. You'd be just as much of a woman without one.

Ms.Pink.
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:34 AM
I know the feeling. I was 21 when threatened with a hysterectomy. I couldn't imagine losing it so young. Thank God I didn't
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Do what u need to do for your health. Having a uterus isnt what makes you a woman .

AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:34 AM

A uterus doesn't make you a mother. I know that's pry not what you want to hear, but it is true. Don't think of yourself as any less of a person than you are now. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol this sounded funny :( "you're so much more than a uterus"

Quoting 702girly:

You are so much more than a uterus. You'd be just as much of a woman without one.

TattoodMommy19
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:35 AM
(((Hugs)))

He loves YOU not your reproductive organs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:35 AM
1 mom liked this
And im 24 with one kid and have been told many times i should consider it.

SELFISH MUCH?!?
perezamberly
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:36 AM
I would feel the exact same way. Having your womanhood removed is tough psychologically. Lots of women need therapy for it. The positive side is you are young and have four beautiful children that love and adore you:) your husband will not stop loving you because you cannot have more children. He will still think you're the hot sexy vixen he fell in love with long ago :) I think you should discuss this with your hubs and if he says he thinks it may be a good idea, then you'd feel better about the situation. Xoxo
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)