Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

They want to take my womenhood away :(

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

About 3 months ago i went to the ER with some really bad cramps and really heavy bleeding i mean  2 pads an hour heavy i thought maybe i was pregnant and was lossing the baby but i wasn't so they took me in to do an ultrasound and they saw a hole in my uterus about 3cm big and a cyst about 4.1cm long on the other side. They took the cyst out and repaired the hole the cyst was not cancer thank god BUT they beleave it will come back so i was told to think about maybe having my uterus removed.. I AM 28 AND HAVE 4 CHILDREN BUT WHAT IF I WANTED ONE MORE!!! I feel like if i do go ahead and have my uterus removed i will no longer be the women my husband loves :(

Sorry i needed to vent

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:31 AM
Replies (11-20):
perezamberly
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:37 AM
True day OP!

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

(((Hugs)))

He loves YOU not your reproductive organs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Grumpylilpixy
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:37 AM
Sounds like u were hemorrhaging. Which can be very dangerous if it happens again. Maybe sit hubby down and have a long talk. You had 4 kids already and
You only have realistically 12 years of fertility anyway. Maybe have your last in the next 5 Years.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
smurfbitebug
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:38 AM
You will be every bit as much of a woman as you are today, and you will be healthy and happy and just as beautiful. And your husband won't even have the thought that it would make you less, because I am sure he doesn't feel that way, and won't even begin to think that way. I'm sure he will just be happy you are still here. There is so many more things that makes a woman a woman than a uterus. And you are every one of them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Marja2011
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:38 AM
Hun I think you need to talk to your husband on this. If he's worth his salt as a husband he will love you anyways.
calcalmommy
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:39 AM
He loves you, not your uterus. It could be too risky to have another. I'd talk to your OB. :/
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:39 AM
Really? It's a tough decision for ANY woman to make regardless of age and how many children they have.

OP- Don't feel that way. If they think it will be benefical to your health then listen to them. You can always look into surrogacy, adoption or fostering.
*hugs*

Quoting Anonymous:

And im 24 with one kid and have been told many times i should consider it.

SELFISH MUCH?!?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:41 AM
I have endometriosis and I would be thrilled if the doctors took my uterus out. I've been asking for that but they keep saying I am too young. I am 36 and I have a son and 3 daughters and 2 grandchildren. I don't need to be in pain every month. But, on day I'll get thru to them. Sorry you are going thru that tho. Everything will work out. If it comes back, it could be cancerus (sp?) next time. Keep getting checked.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:42 AM
I would feel the same, I think. I can't imagine considering removing my uterus.
I don't think your husband will love you any less. It is something to take seriously. Weigh the pros and cons, and if you want more children, what are the risks? Would you be willing to freeze your eggs, use a surrogate, adopt? I don't expect you to answer these questions, just giving you things to consider.
Hugs, that's got to be tough.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Oh do tell how this make's me selfish when i am still young enough to have more children if i so wish.

Quoting Anonymous:

And im 24 with one kid and have been told many times i should consider it.

SELFISH MUCH?!?

darkwhisper
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:44 AM

I go back to the doctor on monday myself, and the treatment he gave me isn't working. I'm still having a lot of break through bleeding to actual cycles ever 2 weeks, severe pain, and swelling. He said we'd talk about "more drastic" measures if my pain didn't subside while on the birth control in 3 months. I can't stand the pain. So I may be looking at a hysterectomy myself. It's scary, and though I would have loved to have one more, it just isn't in the cards for me. I am too high of a risk to have one more baby. It's scary but think of it this way, If you do have have to have a hysterectomy, you won't have to schedule your vacations or anything around that time of the month...that's a plus. No more money on pads/tampons, or new packs of panties because of leaking from heavy flows. Just have to remember to take your horomone replacements.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN