Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

They want to take my womenhood away :(

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

About 3 months ago i went to the ER with some really bad cramps and really heavy bleeding i mean  2 pads an hour heavy i thought maybe i was pregnant and was lossing the baby but i wasn't so they took me in to do an ultrasound and they saw a hole in my uterus about 3cm big and a cyst about 4.1cm long on the other side. They took the cyst out and repaired the hole the cyst was not cancer thank god BUT they beleave it will come back so i was told to think about maybe having my uterus removed.. I AM 28 AND HAVE 4 CHILDREN BUT WHAT IF I WANTED ONE MORE!!! I feel like if i do go ahead and have my uterus removed i will no longer be the women my husband loves :(

Sorry i needed to vent

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:31 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:47 AM

We have always wanted to adopt so maybe if i decide to go ahead with the surgery

Quoting Anonymous:

I would feel the same, I think. I can't imagine considering removing my uterus.
I don't think your husband will love you any less. It is something to take seriously. Weigh the pros and cons, and if you want more children, what are the risks? Would you be willing to freeze your eggs, use a surrogate, adopt? I don't expect you to answer these questions, just giving you things to consider.
Hugs, that's got to be tough.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:49 AM
I'm sorry you are going through this. A friend if mine had this same thing happen to her awhile back. I don't know if it happened the same way, but they ended up removing everything. Full hysterectomy. It was difficult for her to come to terms with, as I imagine it is for you.

On the upside, you won't have anymore periods! Sorry... Thought I would try to help
mommieof3_752
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:50 AM

This is why I cant have anymore kids. My uterus was paper thin when I had my 3rd and last C-sectionMy doctor said he could see the baby through the my uteran wall. He also said if I was to get prego again that my uterus would tear. I really wanted 1 more...I stil think about trying sometimes..but I know it wouldn't turn out the way I want. 

ms.sophsmom
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Do what u need to do for your health. Having a uterus isnt what makes you a woman .

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mmtosam06
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:53 AM

My mom was 28 when she had her hysterectomy you will go through menopause early. Get a 2nd opinion is what I suggest. When you have a hysterectomy it messes with your sex drive. (according to my mom)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:59 AM
Really talk it over. Do what you feel is best. It's a hard decision. Many women have done it, although that probably doesn't make it easier for you. ((Hugs)) I'm sure others will give you some good advice.

Quoting Anonymous:

We have always wanted to adopt so maybe if i decide to go ahead with the surgery

Quoting Anonymous:

I would feel the same, I think. I can't imagine considering removing my uterus.
I don't think your husband will love you any less. It is something to take seriously. Weigh the pros and cons, and if you want more children, what are the risks? Would you be willing to freeze your eggs, use a surrogate, adopt? I don't expect you to answer these questions, just giving you things to consider.
Hugs, that's got to be tough.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you all so much for the kind words my husband want's me to go ahead and do it because he doesn't want to see me in any pain or loss me he is a wonderful man i am just a bit scared i guess you can say that he will change his mind after it's done.  I am going to see a diffrent doctor december 12th at 2pm to see what she has to say about this whole thing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

And im 24 with one kid and have been told many times i should consider it.

SELFISH MUCH?!?

How does her not wanting her uterus removed make her selfish?

It has no affect on you or anyone else.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:07 AM
This seems so odd to me. A uterus is what makes a woman a woman. I do understand what you're trying to say to the OP, it just comes across odd.

I think I would feel the same, to possibly lose something that made you a woman in the first place.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do what u need to do for your health. Having a uterus isnt what makes you a woman .

MochaBerry24
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Yah that is really hard. I would feel the same. I would look into alternatives if there are any. Good luck momma. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)