Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

They want to take my womenhood away :(

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

About 3 months ago i went to the ER with some really bad cramps and really heavy bleeding i mean  2 pads an hour heavy i thought maybe i was pregnant and was lossing the baby but i wasn't so they took me in to do an ultrasound and they saw a hole in my uterus about 3cm big and a cyst about 4.1cm long on the other side. They took the cyst out and repaired the hole the cyst was not cancer thank god BUT they beleave it will come back so i was told to think about maybe having my uterus removed.. I AM 28 AND HAVE 4 CHILDREN BUT WHAT IF I WANTED ONE MORE!!! I feel like if i do go ahead and have my uterus removed i will no longer be the women my husband loves :(

Sorry i needed to vent

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:31 AM
Replies (41-50):
Thewife06
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:43 AM

Try to think of it this way: You have 4 beautiful children who need you.  While you may not be able to have anymore on your own, you can always adopt or use a surrogate if they leave your ovaries in place.  You husband will not love you any less if you have your uterus removed.  I'm pretty sure that when he fell in love with you, he didn't so "HOLY SHIT!  What a beautiful UTERUS!  I MUST marry you, I can't possibly live without you!" Right?  I mean, it was probably for your personality & your ability to make him laugh & being able to make him feel completely comfortable... Those are the usual things at least.  ;) 

Feel better & know that if you have this done, it's so that you can avoid any life threatening conditions that can leave your family without you.  *Hugs*

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

This seems so odd to me. A uterus is what makes a woman a woman. I do understand what you're trying to say to the OP, it just comes across odd.

I think I would feel the same, to possibly lose something that made you a woman in the first place.

Quotinweg Anonymous:

Do what u need to do for your health. Having a uterus isnt what makes you a woman .

I understand what you're saying. but being a woman is so much more than having a uterus.

SusieQue717
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:54 AM

This is a very odd post! Why would you no longer be the woman that your husband loves? If they took out a chunk of your brain... ok, I understand... but for a uterus? The uterus doesn't affect your personality or who you are. It's like getting your tonsils removed. If it's hurting you, it needs to come out. 

SusieQue717
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:57 AM

How does a uterus make you a woman? and if you're born without one? or have cancer and it needs to be removed? Do they take the vagina and everything with it? What makes you a woman are your chromozones... the XX chromozone... My uterus has nothing to do with me being a woman. My heart and soul and vagina make me a woman... I'm sorry that you've put so much importance on your uterus though... 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

This seems so odd to me. A uterus is what makes a woman a woman. I do understand what you're trying to say to the OP, it just comes across odd.

I think I would feel the same, to possibly lose something that made you a woman in the first place.

Quotinweg Anonymous:

Do what u need to do for your health. Having a uterus isnt what makes you a woman .

I understand what you're saying. but being a woman is so much more than having a uterus.

HotMomma2622
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:57 AM
Your husband loves you for your heart and the woman you are. Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mortiferouslatt
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 10:03 AM
Try not to look at it in such a bad light. You have four beautiful children of your own, maybe if you want another you can try adoption through your state. Your uterus doesn't define you as a woman and pregnancy is most likely dangerous for you. You'll still be a woman with or without all of the reproductive organs. I'm sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daughteroftruth
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 10:04 AM
I know a few woman who have had hysterectomies before they were ready to be done, and they said similar things. So i think it is normal to feel a sense of loss...loss of a child whom you would like to have and loss of your ability to grow and birth life. Men go through similar emotions with the concept of getting a vasectomy.

Your feelings are normal. Talk to your doctor about all your options.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1BoyManyGirls
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 10:06 AM
Wow, first page and someone starts the "Who Has It Worse?" game. If you're going through this maybe you could be more sympathetic. It doesn't matter how many kids somebody has.

Quoting Anonymous:

And im 24 with one kid and have been told many times i should consider it.

SELFISH MUCH?!?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beeky
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 10:08 AM

I had a hysterectomy 11 years ago and I have no regrets.  It is liberating not being tied down a monthly cycle.

My femininity is not defined by my uterus.  My husband still thinks I'm sexy and desirable and our sex life has gotten even better.

mantyangel
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 10:34 AM
Well at least that would be a good change :). I would be able to keep my ovaries...would that make a difference in the other symptoms?

Quoting tezell78:

The recovery is not bad.you will be sure for a few weeks.

Hot flashes, crazy vivid dreams for a while, night sweats, they should come and go, nothing unbearable though.I have some post menopausal rage issues my doc and I are working on, easily managed....

Sex is different..... Not going to lie. For me and most I know who have had the surgery, orgasms are more intense, easier to achieve and last longer.............

Quoting mantyangel:

I need mine taken out too. I know I am done having kids so I don't worry about that. Just the pain, possible side effects and maybe sex being different. I will not miss aunt flow though.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN