Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am SO sick of this!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies

We moved into this place about a year ago and within a week or two, we started seeing roaches!! Well, now we're infested!! I keep the place clean and don't leave food out. I only feed my cat twice a day and only put enough food out for her to eat right then. Same with her water. We have sprayed, used that powder stuff and set off those foggers but nothing seems to kill them! I've had to take all of my pictures off the wall because they hide behind them. What kills these fuckers?!?! We can't move right now, as much as I would LOVE to!! Every time I cook, I have to fight them to keep them out of the food! It's ridiculous!!! Please, if anyone has any advice or knows of a product that actually works, let me know!! I know calling an exterminator is useless. My MIL has roaches too and she's been fighting them for years. She used to have an exterminator come out once a month and it never got rid of them. If anything, it made them worse. It's so fucking embarrassing!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
superm0m877
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:56 AM

do you live in an apartment? 

brittanyjenean
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:58 AM
What do the roaches look like? If they are German roaches it can take up to 6 months to get rid of them. Household roaches are attracted to glue (boxes, plastic, shelf liners, etc.)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:58 AM

No, it's an older mobile home.

Quoting superm0m877:

kritsy30il
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Demon powder... you can get it at a farm supply store or a place like that. mix it in one those sprayers

you use in the yard. Terminex comes to my house every 3 months plus i use that. They havent had to spray

in over a year... good luck those fuckers breed worse then rabbits

superm0m877
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:00 AM

have you put anything under the home? they are probably coming from there. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting superm0m877:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Like this:

So yeah, I guess that's what we have. Damn, 6 months? But how? What do we use to kill them off?

Quoting brittanyjenean:

What do the roaches look like? If they are German roaches it can take up to 6 months to get rid of them. Household roaches are attracted to glue (boxes, plastic, shelf liners, etc.)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Like the foggers? I didn't think about that.

Quoting superm0m877:

have you put anything under the home? they are probably coming from there. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting superm0m877:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Are you renting?

If so you need to call the landlord !!! ASAP!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:04 AM

I will look for that at Tractor Supply!! Can you use it in the house? And yes, they do breed worse than rabbits!!! We've tried everything and can't seem to get rid of them!! They are so nasty! I bet I spray my kitchen and bathroom counters down with bleach spray at least 6 times a day.

Quoting kritsy30il:

Demon powder... you can get it at a farm supply store or a place like that. mix it in one those sprayers

you use in the yard. Terminex comes to my house every 3 months plus i use that. They havent had to spray

in over a year... good luck those fuckers breed worse then rabbits

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:05 AM
Damn! I just threw my phone across the room when I scrolled down and saw this!

Quoting Anonymous:

Like this:

So yeah, I guess that's what we have. Damn, 6 months? But how? What do we use to kill them off?

Quoting brittanyjenean:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)