Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how much will you spend on your kids this christmas?

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:52 AM
  • 43 Replies
We have a 2 year old and $450 in the bank to go towards Christmas shopping this week, but we may spend more.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ilovecandy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:53 AM

for both my kids, between the both of them i spent...300

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:59 AM
got my son 16 gifts and only spent 180 so probably a couple note necessities but no more toys
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:00 AM
The big gifts are $300 each. This will be the most we've ever spent on the two.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:02 AM
We have 3 kids and will spend about $250 on each.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Don't you know, you're NOT supposed to say because people could feel bad they can't spend as much? 

People aren't allowed to spend more than $100 on each kid (this is what I was told). I spent around $400 on each of my kids this Christmas, and was told that was ridiculous.

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:03 AM

No idea i haven't even thought about it yet 

sadeyez11
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:03 AM
We had planned on a kindle for the two older ones and a little trike and tool set for the youngesr plus a few small gifts but we have to take my son to a pediatric urologist 4hrs away and that is going to need all our christmas money so we are not spending anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krunchykorn
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:12 AM
oh well I can afford it and I hope everyone else is able to have a Merry Christmas regardless of the money side. I was told a 2 yr old doesn't need 450$ worth of stuff but I guess they don't realise its not just toys i buy for him clothes, shoes ect are all needed for next year

Quoting Anonymous:

Don't you know, you're NOT supposed to say because people could feel bad they can't spend as much? 

People aren't allowed to spend more than $100 on each kid (this is what I was told). I spent around $400 on each of my kids this Christmas, and was told that was ridiculous.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:14 AM
We live in Hawaii, and we are going Island hopping over Christmas, so the presents will be few and light! I can't wait to spend some much needed quality time with my family!
krunchykorn
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:15 AM
Not being rude in all honesty! Are you just gonna boycott toys this year then?

Quoting sadeyez11:

We had planned on a kindle for the two older ones and a little trike and tool set for the youngesr plus a few small gifts but we have to take my son to a pediatric urologist 4hrs away and that is going to need all our christmas money so we are not spending anything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN