Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ugh! My mil told dd she is a "porker"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 110 Replies
1 mom liked this
Dd is 11. She is not overweight but has put on some weight over the last few months. I think it is because her hormones and body are starting to change. Today she ate a normal size plate and then asked for a slice of pie for dessert. My mil said to her "you really shouldn't eat too much, you are already a little porker". I was extremely angry and snapped. She is already self-conscious over gaining the weight and starting to develop. I do not want her to have a negative body-image. She is beautiful and not fat at all. I am so angry that my mil said that. She wasn't joking, it was said in a rude way. Every time I think about it, I get more and more upset! My sil said she was always critical of her looks and weight when she was younger.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
t1gger143
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:01 AM

I'd be pissed too. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:03 AM
Bump
Marja2011
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:04 AM
2 moms liked this
I most likely would not go back until she said sorry and I know my husband would support my decision.
NiCo86
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:05 AM
3 moms liked this
i wouldn't stand for that either! besides ... its Thanksgiving! EVERYONE indulges on Thanksgiving!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:05 AM

What a bitch :(

Sanctimommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:05 AM
3 moms liked this

On THANKSGIVING???

Sorry about the capslock. But that last part really needed emphasis.

That's a mean-ass Grandma, right there.

Way to give the kid an eating disorder, Grandma, jeez.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:07 AM
She was at our house. I went off about it. My husband completely supports me when he comes to his mom. We have had issues in the past. I can handle anything she throws at me, I can't tolerate anyone insulting our children.

Quoting Marja2011:

I most likely would not go back until she said sorry and I know my husband would support my decision.

brittanyjenean
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:10 AM
Oh I would have definitely bitch slapped that woman and would have told her to get the eff out of my house until she can apologize to DD.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:11 AM
Yea, that's a line she shouldn't have crossed! My dd is also 11, extremely hormonal and has started to develop, the dr said that she isn't overweight but she is headed there so we are working on it. Anyway if my mil would say something like that I would give her a nasty look, take my kids and leave!
LucyHourglass
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:12 AM

What a bitch!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN