Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ugh! My mil told dd she is a "porker"

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Dd is 11. She is not overweight but has put on some weight over the last few months. I think it is because her hormones and body are starting to change. Today she ate a normal size plate and then asked for a slice of pie for dessert. My mil said to her "you really shouldn't eat too much, you are already a little porker". I was extremely angry and snapped. She is already self-conscious over gaining the weight and starting to develop. I do not want her to have a negative body-image. She is beautiful and not fat at all. I am so angry that my mil said that. She wasn't joking, it was said in a rude way. Every time I think about it, I get more and more upset! My sil said she was always critical of her looks and weight when she was younger.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:00 AM
Replies (71-80):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:40 AM
1 mom liked this
She won't be! Dh told her she was going to end up dying alone because she is such a bitch. He normally is very respectful but our entire family is tired of her behavior.

Quoting momma2b2008:

I would not allow her to be around my daughter anymore! Especially if she can't keep her opinions like that to herself!

Krystle1216
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:40 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

Oh good! How rude and in your home no less. Sorry you got dealt a crappy mil
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:42 AM
We told her only not in such a nice way!!

Quoting Bethsunshine:

I'd tell Grandma she wouldn't be seeing her granddaughter for a VERY long time!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:47 AM
Thanks. I can deal with her being a crappy mil and being a bitch to me. I can't deal with her being a horrible grandmother and treating my kids bad!

Quoting Krystle1216:

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh good! How rude and in your home no less. Sorry you got dealt a crappy mil

Lindsey1126
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:50 AM
It's Thanksgiving so what! You're not suppose to watch what you eat on Holidays..was her feelings hurt when y'all left?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:54 AM
She was at our house but she was pissed off when dh told her to leave. She said she was just trying to help! Dd doesn't need help and if she did, that isn't the way to do it. She is a healthy girl that is going through some changes with her body.

Quoting Lindsey1126:

It's Thanksgiving so what! You're not suppose to watch what you eat on Holidays..was her feelings hurt when y'all left?

Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 8:00 AM
If she said it in a nice way would it have bothered you as much?

You have to be careful with 11 year old girls and how you talk to them. Calling her a porker is probably counter-productive. But, maybe grandma brought it to the table now and you and your DH should talk to her about weight and eating healthy to stay at an appropriate weigh? There are so many young girls who go through puberty and get fat. Their parents don't want to say anything because they don't want to hurt their feelings. I've seen it a million times. I would take this and use it as a learning lesson for your daughter.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Nov. 23, 2012 at 8:04 AM

then you need to stress even stronger to your dd that mil is nuts, and is a very rude person who says things without thinking, and to pay no attention to her rudeness.  And after that incident, i hope your dd completely dismisses anything and everything mil says from now on. 

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 8:05 AM
Your MIL was out of line. With that being said, address the weight gain now and help her develop healthy eating habits.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Nov. 23, 2012 at 8:05 AM

i woulda told mil to fuck off, it's a holiday, and your dd will eat what ever she damn well pleases!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN